PC2 Project Cars 2 Racing Club (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Welcome to RaceDepartment's Racing Club for Project CARS! Project CARS can be played on various platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and we'd like to facilitate and encourage our members to post challenging casual events for members by members.

Platform Prefixes
We now use Prefixes (which you will be required to select when creating a new race (thread).
pc-png.91913

ps4-png.91914

xone-png.91915

Setting up a race
First of all start with a plan. Post a thread not at the final moment before you want to race but open it a couple of days in advance. Official RD events are always scheduled a week in advance for the highest change on success.

Secondly order your threads properly and try to make it as simple as possible. Not everybody wants to read a wall of text with requirements. Keep it simple, easy and friend.

Contents of a racing club thread
  • Select a prefix for your platform of choice.
  • Thread Title: Car Class @ Track - Date
  • Thread Content: Use the template that will be posted soon.
Good luck and have tons of fun racing and we hope to see you on track soon!

Well, my new pedals won't make it here in time for tomorrow but the bright side is this means I get a fare thee well race to my T3PA's. Seems a lot of dudes are going Ferrari and who can blame'em. Was planning on the same but now I'm thinking Beemer to mix it up a bit in the field and to bring as big a car as @Otune . :D

FrbRr1c.jpg

The perfect event for everyone looking forward to the real life WEC 6h of Fuji this weekend. Since Project Cars 2 is still quite new, expect things to break - the goal is to have fun and to put the game through its paces.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com
Cars: LMP1, LMP2, GTE
Track: Fuji GP

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 Minutes) mixed weather

Season: Autumn
Driving Aids: Realistic
In-Game Time: 15:00

Entry List

LMP1

1. Darky86
  2. Captain Condescending
  3. Farfus27
  4. Otune
  5. Magnus Stjerneby*
LMP2
  1. Dennis
  2. Mathias Nielsen
  3. Jonas Hillert
  4. Ingemar Petersson
  5. Kurupt CDN
  6. Paul Le Gallez
  7. Matt Le Gallez
  8. Georg Ortner (6e66o)
GTE
  1. DaddelJunkie
  2. Beikirch
  3. mancSLO
  4. MapoUK
  5. Dexter
  6. Schwud Nelsh
  7. Rodent
  8. Rob Milliken
  9. jimortality
  10. TeSL9
  11. Mondyrocks
  12. QWASZX
  13. Genzo_ (Navegante)
  14. WonderDriver (thorgunderson)
  15. Sinister0079 (Sinister Racing)* needs to enter real name
  16. MegamanAT
  17. RayNOS
  18. The_Duke_UK
  19. Wicked
UTP: 82 DC

Waiting List
  • Free Slot
  • Free Slot

Please also post your Steam name when signing up if it doesn't match your forum name!
steam-name-change-jpg.215073

Last edited:
Well, my new pedals won't make it here in time for tomorrow but the bright side is this means I get a fare thee well race to my T3PA's. Seems a lot of dudes are going Ferrari and who can blame'em. Was planning on the same but now I'm thinking Beemer to mix it up a bit in the field and to bring as big a car as @Otune . :D
WHAT thought we were Cadilac m8s! oh well, im gonna be driving either the Aston or m6 not sure yet.

Did we have an option to add a ballast for the ferarri. Is it true so faster as other gt3?

It's most likely a combination of the 488 having a "better" default setup for the average driver and this setup being good at the popular tracks rather than the car being outright the best. At Watkins Glen I am faster with both the RS.01 and the NSX than with the 488. Doesn't mean a second pass for the GT3 BoP would be a bad thing though. :)

Did we have an option to add a ballast for the ferarri. Is it true so faster as other gt3?

Like Speedy said above it's probably a combination of the Ferrari being popular and having a baseline setup that suits the track. Compared to the M6 there's over 3 times as many people who have posted a time at Red Bull Ring in the Ferrari. As of posting this I'm number 3 on the board for the M6 and those who have raced me before can vouch that I'm pretty damn far from an alien, this tells us there's a lot of room for time improvement on the board for the less popular GT3's.

If the Ferrari keeps being faster on a majority of tracks it'll probably get BoPed like the Bentley did in pCars 1. For now I think it's premature to discuss ballasts and also a bit overkill for a club race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%