PC2 Project Cars 2 Racing Club (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Welcome to RaceDepartment's Racing Club for Project CARS! Project CARS can be played on various platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and we'd like to facilitate and encourage our members to post challenging casual events for members by members.

Platform Prefixes
We now use Prefixes (which you will be required to select when creating a new race (thread).
pc-png.91913

ps4-png.91914

xone-png.91915

Setting up a race
First of all start with a plan. Post a thread not at the final moment before you want to race but open it a couple of days in advance. Official RD events are always scheduled a week in advance for the highest change on success.

Secondly order your threads properly and try to make it as simple as possible. Not everybody wants to read a wall of text with requirements. Keep it simple, easy and friend.

Contents of a racing club thread
  • Select a prefix for your platform of choice.
  • Thread Title: Car Class @ Track - Date
  • Thread Content: Use the template that will be posted soon.
Good luck and have tons of fun racing and we hope to see you on track soon!

Probably the easiest way to figure out BOPs is just to compare world records for each car in the sim. Btw just one thing, the real name policy. Not sure how I get it to show something other than my Steam name tbh. Any ideas?

Probably the easiest way to figure out BOPs is just to compare world records for each car in the sim. Btw just one thing, the real name policy. Not sure how I get it to show something other than my Steam name tbh. Any ideas?
I actually wanted to make a guide for it at some point :laugh: You can change it on your "account stats" page if I remember correctly, so by clicking on your username in the upper right corner :thumbsup:

I find it pretty impressive how they managed to make the easiest GT3s to drive the most difficult, dear me those default setups are horrid. I wanted to drive the AMG GT3 but I can't even complete a clean lap. :(

Try setting the Traction Control to 90 or 100 and the ABS to 0 in the setup menu, was trying the GT3 cars today and the AMG was horrendous until I realised the TC and ABS were almost on max, the TC seems to work in reverse so a setting of 10 is actually 90% and a setting of 90 is 10%!!!

Try setting the Traction Control to 90 or 100 and the ABS to 0 in the setup menu, was trying the GT3 cars today and the AMG was horrendous until I realised the TC and ABS were almost on max, the TC seems to work in reverse so a setting of 10 is actually 90% and a setting of 90 is 10%!!!

Messing with the ABS/TCS/brake bias values is the first thing I do when I try a car but it didn't do much in this case. I also tried the "stable" setups for the cars I had trouble with like @Rodent suggested but going from an oversteer problem to an understeerfest doesn't seem like much of a solution. I think I'll try translating some of my Assetto Corsa setups for some GT3s and see how that fares. If that doesn't work either I guess I'll have to deal with it by creating a proper base setup myself. :D

Messing with the ABS/TCS/brake bias values is the first thing I do when I try a car but it didn't do much in this case. I also tried the "stable" setups for the cars I had trouble with like @Rodent suggested but going from an oversteer problem to an understeerfest doesn't seem like much of a solution. I think I'll try translating some of my Assetto Corsa setups for some GT3s and see how that fares. If that doesn't work either I guess I'll have to deal with it by creating a proper base setup myself. :D

Oh yes the stable setups come with their own set of problems, but they do get you around the track :p. I'm quite liking having one oversteery and one understeery baseline, depending on the track taking one and dialing out the under/oversteer is generally pretty easy and gets you up and running pretty quickly.

Translating AC setups seems interesting, keep us posted on that one.

Well i do prepare 2 pit strats 1 wet tires and incase tires melt hard too. I select the strat via the ICM menusimilar to the f1 games during the race.
Don´t think we should BoP game is out for 7 days, this is just a fun event for now not esport ;)someone on r/simracing did benchmark the gtr3 cars if you wanna look at that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/735rxp/which_is_the_fastest_gt3_car_in_project_cars_2/
Watched the video and did some testing my self using the base tunes.....its completely track dependant as to which cars are the fastest. Several of the cars he mentioned to be the slowest, were actually very fast around Redbull Ring with the majority running within .300 of each other.....so pretty even overall.
Quick tip....make sure you specify which tires you want as I found several cars leaving the garage running wets in dry conditions when tires were set to automatic weather :)

Watched the video and did some testing my self using the base tunes.....its completely track dependant as to which cars are the fastest. Several of the cars he mentioned to be the slowest, were actually very fast around Redbull Ring with the majority running within .300 of each other.....so pretty even overall.
Quick tip....make sure you specify which tires you want as I found several cars leaving the garage running wets in dry conditions when tires were set to automatic weather :)
well thats sounds strange to me. did alot of testing in the m6 and the aston martin, and i can say that the 488 is easily a sec faster around redbull ring.. got about 30 laps or so in the m6 and just about the same in the aston, one lap in the 488 0.8 faster. seems weird to me.

well thats sounds strange to me. did alot of testing in the m6 and the aston martin, and i can say that the 488 is easily a sec faster around redbull ring.. got about 30 laps or so in the m6 and just about the same in the aston, one lap in the 488 0.8 faster. seems weird to me.
As stated earlier the Ferrari is handsdown the fastest around Redbull Ring by quite a margin...as for the rest there in the ball park of one another.
My above post was in reply to the video rating the fastest gt3 cars in pc2.
Like real life some cars shine better than others depending on the track :)

Last edited:
i'm in total agreement... i just don't get how this escapes playtesting.
Just curious are you guys using wheels or controllers?
If wheels are you running 900 degrees and calibrated them in game, are you using real assists ffb profiles or anything?
Ive heard many people say alot of the cars are undriveable, twitchy cant feel anything etc.and wondering if its a bug with certain equipment or how they have there gear setup/settings? In pc1 i often felt the game felt different every now and than.
So far my experience with the gt3 and others ive tested are very positive using the base tunes. Very stable, connected with loads of grip and very easy to push consistently.
They all have there own characteristics but i havent found any undriveable. Some cars in other classes are a bit odd but with 180 cars ingame its expected.
The only issue ive experienced so far in regards to on track driving is puddles at low speed react like ice and results in a 9 out 10 times spinning out....at high speeds they react realistic. It was brought up on there form and Ian Bell said the team will be looking into it.....along with snow being broken.

Translating AC setups seems interesting, keep us posted on that one.

So I've tried doing that and as I expected it's not really worth wasting time on. It's pretty much 1:1 for most values but too many things need adjusting, mostly because PC2 seems to handle suspensions differently than AC and we're using vastly different tires in PC2. Guess I'll stick to the RS.01 and the NSX and forget about the Merc and its GSR livery. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back