Old NKP Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
30tta1y.jpg
On Tuesday January the 26th the netKar PRO Racing Club re-opens after a long time of inactivity. With the full game currently only being EUR 19,90 there is no more reason to race with the demo.

We will kick off with some weekly events with the mighty Abarth 500 to check out the tracks and if there is enough interest for open wheelers we can of course set up events for the formula cars as well.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

We encourage all interested licensed members to sign up for the first event at Prato Full GP next week by clicking here.
If you are not yet a licensed member at RaceDepartment there is not need to worry, you can simple make an application here (read the rules first) and you will have your free membership in no time!

See you on track next week or if you can't make this event keep an eye on the NKP forum.

franzbri;917615 said:
The "must-have" sim. Thanks for all your work. Love it. IMO €14,90 is a joke. BUY THIS ALL OF YOU!!!!

It is not a joke, because without AI it's just not a complete sim. It's incomplete. You need other people's servers to race it.

Like I said: the majority by far of people who play racing games/sims don't race online. Comparatively, it's only a hardcore minority that does. Those are people willing to wait for other people to come online and go race on a specific time, though. Most people just want to pick up the controller and race a bit.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it did have decent AI though, because apart from that it's pretty darn good (and runs fine on a Mac).

Im sorry but if you want to race AI go buy a PS3. If your not man enough to race real people then Netkar is defiantly not for you. As for your facts yes the majority of people play racing GAMES full stop.

People in general loved NKP but left due to the netcode, they are slowly coming back. The servers will start to full up given time after all the final version only came out last Friday.

After long, there are lots of servers getting listed and yesterday and I was able to be in a race with some 13+ players. That was Awesome. The netCode is working great has got good collision detection. After this netCode fix I guess more and more are going to join in Online. AI or no AI, this is one of the best Racing Sim one can have for $15.

Paul Thomas;918358 said:
Im sorry but if you want to race AI go buy a PS3. If your not man enough to race real people then Netkar is defiantly not for you.

My friend, I've been online since the ancient days of GPL, drove hundreds of races online in that sim and won hundreds of them as well - without ever spinning, crashing or leaving the track. And saved the replay every time I won a race this way - cleanly. If you had to watch them all you'd be holed up behind a screen for days. I don't need to defend any of my online credentials to *anyone*.

Oh, and it's "I'm", "you're" and "definitely".

What I do, personally, is also not relevant. NetKar being kept back into a small niche by its online-only shackles is. It'll stay small if it doesn't finally expand to offline. It's a good sim, but it deserves to finally reach a broader audience. If it doesn't change, it won't.

So having some of the best physics in any sim counts for nothing if it doesnt have AI. Hmm
So its good bye my driving GOD and you can sew your nose back on as you close the door behind you.Punctuation... yeah I think I heard about that once.

I also have found a way to map the handbrake on wheel buttons.

- Locate in the setups wich number is the button you want to use
- then open "controls.ini" under your "Documents\netKar PRO\cfg" dir
- go down and check this section:

Code:
[HANDBRAKE]
JOY=0         <-------your drivingwheel id
BUTTON=5  <-------the button number checked in the setups of netkar

save and redo the calibration from the netkar options

for me worked now i have the handbrake working pressing the left shifter under my g25 wheel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%