Old NKP Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
30tta1y.jpg
On Tuesday January the 26th the netKar PRO Racing Club re-opens after a long time of inactivity. With the full game currently only being EUR 19,90 there is no more reason to race with the demo.

We will kick off with some weekly events with the mighty Abarth 500 to check out the tracks and if there is enough interest for open wheelers we can of course set up events for the formula cars as well.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

We encourage all interested licensed members to sign up for the first event at Prato Full GP next week by clicking here.
If you are not yet a licensed member at RaceDepartment there is not need to worry, you can simple make an application here (read the rules first) and you will have your free membership in no time!

See you on track next week or if you can't make this event keep an eye on the NKP forum.

Dynamic shadows, light effects, head movements all of them are perfect.
I always wondered how nice graphics engine used by netKAr. I never try it, i don't know anything about its physics, but it's a promising sim!

Kunos Simulazioni is celebrating 5 years of netKar-pro, releasing the final version 1.3 of the software. The new version fixes a ton of bugs that have been reported by the community. It's more stable on multiplayer, with better collisions, improved physics on the Vintage car and a brand new Vintage replica GT car with more power and semi-slick tires.

Test nKPro yourself and download the free demo with one car one track and multiplayer, that can be unlocked to the full version after buying online for only €14.90!

Click here to download nKPro v1.3C

nk1.jpgnk2.jpgnk3.jpg

Changelog:
[h=4]GUI[/h]
  • New GUI icons and organization
  • Password is now automatically recovered from last session
[h=4]Gameplay/Graphics[/h]
  • New setup behaviour (use nkpro.ini USE_OLD_STYLE=1 to go back to the previous behaviour)
  • Keyboard and GamePad quick selection keys moved to SHIFT+K and SHIFT+P
  • Added g meter readings on the control overlay
  • Mirrors are now using full shading scene
[h=4]Physics[/h]
  • Added "non linear" brake settings for professional pedalboards
  • Added hand brake on wheel button settings
  • Improved tyre model slip model
  • Improved differential math model
  • New collision detection and response system
[h=4]Multiplayer[/h]
  • Improved collision detection
  • Improved collision response
  • Improved lobby protocol
  • Added "Reset", "Next", "Restart" on vote
  • Improved network protocol, packets are smaller and delivered with a different strategy
  • New prediction system for remote cars' rotation
  • Added overlay to signal low quality in client-server connection
  • New protocol for client to server lobby connection avoiding MTU block by some routers
[h=4]Additional Contents[/h]
  • GT Vintage "Replica"
netKar Pro is an online racing simulator that is developed with an emphasis on realism. It provides advanced features such as a complex tire model (visible dirt, tire wear and flat spots, that influence the car's handling) and a fully interactive cockpit such as those seen in flight simulators.

RaceDepartment provides a massive and active community for this hardcore sim and supports it with casual racing club events, leagues and of course a forum where you can find top quality support, the lastest mods, setups and much more. Click here to head over to the netKar PRO forums!

Is it just me or is the most-lacking feature - the ability to race the AI since there are hardly any servers and most people by far don't race online - still very much MIA? Such a waste of a potentially great sim.:poke:

It was never even planned as far as I know.
If people don't race online, and surely that's a minority, they've bought the wrong sim.

I personally haven't started a race with AI since I started joining events here. I probably wouldn't use it even if it existed.

Senad Subasic;917384 said:
It was never even planned as far as I know.
If people don't race online, and surely that's a minority, they've bought the wrong sim.

I personally haven't started a race with AI since I started joining events here. I probably wouldn't use it even if it existed.
Your response while typical is incorrect. The majority of people who buy sims race offline. You shouldn't assume that everyone shares your preference. Having said that, if you prefer to race offline then Netkar is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%