1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old modding thread

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Marcel vd Aa, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Here you can post anything mod related for ETS2.
    Here is a small tutorial that will help you get underway:
    All moddable stuff is located in the base.scs file located in the ETS2 root folder. Copy this file to a temporary folder. Next you will have to download the scs extractor: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/ets2-scs-file-extractor.294/viewfile
    Copy the extractor to the same folder as where you copied the base.scs file.
    Then open a command prompt and use the folowing command: scs_extractor archive.scs [output_path]
    The tool goes to work and extracts all gamefiles.
    Once the files are extracted you can then check out all the different files and edit them. I will go more in depth on what you can do here and how to put mods back ingame once the game is released.

The next step is offcourse to get the files you edited back into the game. For this you will need winrar. For every file you mod you will have to keep the folder structure the file is located in. For example if you edited the trucks color.dds you will need to to add the following folders to the archive: :\vehicle\truck\truckname\color.dds. So there is no need for you to repack the entire base.scs file. When editing files from the def archive you will have to include the def folder aswell.
    Once you have created the folders and file structure you need to use winrar to add it to an archive. Use the following options:

[​IMG]
    You can use every name you want for the archive, just make sure you save it as a zip file. Once the archive is completed you will have to rename the zip extension to scs. When that is done you can then copy the archive to C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod and it is added ingame.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

• Like Like x 3
  4. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    You can call me "V" :D Premium Member

I have extract the base, and made some changes. Now how we put it in the game?
    I want to change the sound, so inside cabin is the same with external. Maybe you can help me.
    Thx anyway.

P.S. Any idea how to remove the check machine noise? You know the one that rings every time a driver of yours earns some money..... Its really bad!!!!

5. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

6. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Its not my mods thats why i post it directly from the modders link. ;)

I dont know if i can add them there, cause its not mine.
    sorry if it was a problem.
    Thanks

7. hi man ! please make a video tutorial how to put a truck zmod and edit for ETS2

8. su can you give us a download link and a new ZModeler 3

9. Hey there any modders know is there some mod way to disable auto start so you need start you engine start button not like now that start when you press some pedal or do something else?

10. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Been looking for that too... I'll keep you updated.

11. please make a video tutorial how to put a truck zmod and edit for ETS2.
    can you give us a download link and a new ZModeler 3

12. Can you upload the mod somewhere else because right now RD Downloads are down :)

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

We are working on it as the notice says. Will be back asap

14. Why to extract the files, folders appear me, but these are empty?

15. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Well, that's not good...I have both the base and def files extracted and there's loads of stuff in there. Perhaps you closed the tool before it was ready with extracting the files.

16. Looking for a way to add or manipulate the available engines. If anyone has any idea which files need to be modified for that I'd appreciate the help.

17. Sorry, just had to wait it closed...

Another question, what file edit to make a skin of any truck (color.dds?), and how do I compress all files again?

18. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Updated top post with instructions on how to get your mod ingame.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Many thankss!!
    The biggest problem to edit color.dds is that the template only appears one side of the truck, put everything on that side is repeated in reverse on the other side.
    Sorry for my very bad english:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.