1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Old Hat New Digs ...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MethylEthyl, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Been around the sim racing world for a long time now. Some of you may remember my "Sounds of Sims", Mods I made for a several years. Just thought since I signed up today I should say Hello!
    A Little bit about me. I have and at one time showed English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Tailwind, and Sweet Eloise. I also have an American Staffordshire Terrier Lucille Blue Bell Of the Ball. I live in Colorful Colorado. I'm 44 retired and probably a lot boring.
    I am looking to get into more of the organized online racing. I am primarily a offline racer do to the fact I have a hard time sitting due to a disability.
    Just wondering if there are any racing groups around that run short 15-30 lap races or can split seat time with another driver. I'm good in the sim seat for an hour or two after that my pain level skyrockets and I start having trouble with gas and breaking.
    I spend a lot of my time alone due to a Divorce and the fact I have no friends left around any more. So I am looking to make friends and have fun. Feel free to drop me a note anytime.
    Sincerely,
    Scott

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi and welcome to Race Department:).
    I remember you from GTR2 mods, great sounds:thumbsup:
    You don't mention what games you play, but most of our race clubs run both long and short races so check out upcoming events here. The opening post will tell you how to sign up either as a premium member or you can get 2 weeks trial as a Freemium member.
    Like yourself and others here I'm limited in my wheel time but pace isn't important in club races they are about having fun and enjoying yourself with Teamspeak banter adding to that friendly atmosphere.
    Any questions please just ask on the forums there is always someone willing to help.
    Once again welcome to the site, hope to see you on the track.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Kenny and Thank you for your kind words! I still get an email now and again asking for the final release of the GTR2 Sound Pack. Alas no one seems to want to host it as it was a HUGE Project.
    Anyhow the plan is to sign up as a premium member. I'm going to sign up for the trial just to make sure I can make races and such. I'll need to get Teamspeak and set up the mic. I can't wait to give this a go! I'm sure to have questions. Until then you will find the list of racing software below. Anything marked +DLC should be all currently available official add on content. Thanks again for your time!

Currently Installed :
    Assetto Corsa + DLC
    Automobilista
    DiRT Rally
    F1 2013 + DLC
    F1 2015
    Ferrari Virtual Academy
    Formula Truck 2013
    Forza Motorsport 6 : Apex "Beta"
    Grid Autosport + DLC
    NASCAR '15 Victory Edition
    Project CARS + DLC
    Race 07 + DLC
    Race Room Racing Experience + DLC
    rFactor 2 + DLC
    SHIFT 2 Unleashed + DLC
    Test Drive : Ferrari Racing Legends
    Track Mania Canyon
    WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship

Not Currently Installed :
    ARCA SIM RACING '08 : First Edition
    DiRT 3 Complete Edition
    DiRT Showdown
    F1 2010, 11, 12, 14
    GRID
    GRID 2 + DLC
    GT Legends
    GTR
    GTR 2
    iRacing
    "LFS" Live For Speed
    Moto GP 2013
    MotoGP 2014
    NASCAR Racing 2003
    NASCAR Sim Racing
    NASCAR The Game: 2013
    NASCAR '14
    Need for Speed : Most Wanted
    Next Car Game : Wreckfest
    rFactor + DLC
    Ridge Racer Unbounded
    SHIFT
    Stock Car Extreme + DLC
    ToCA Race Driver 3

Sincerely,
    Scott

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Anybody would think you like racing games:whistling:
    A truly comprehensive list from both past and present and I'm pretty sure you'll find something here on RD to enjoy.
    All the clubs will be delighted to welcome and apply for a Freemium membership for you.
    Great to have you back in the community.:thumbsup: