Old GTL Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooky & Team 21 have released a new preview video of their Opel Kadett C Coupe project for GT Legends, showing the car from a variety of perspectives in full racing action.

Built from 1973 through 1979 by German auto maker Opel, the Kadett C was a popular car in several motorsport disciplines including hillclimbs, rally and road racing.

[virtualr]

lil-bro;869828 said:
What the hell guys.. I get that you have to require a limit on downloads but I think it is kind of a joke that I can't download this car because I have exceeded my limit by ONLY downloading part one! So I have to wait till tomorrow for part 2?! Lame...

Imagine waiting a whole day to download a mod that's;
a) for free, and
b) exceptionally high quality
The (short) wait is more than worth it.

Great work Butch, I'm looking forward to this series!

Ross McGregor;870666 said:
Imagine waiting a whole day to download a mod that's;
a) for free, and
b) exceptionally high quality
The (short) wait is more than worth it.

Great work Butch, I'm looking forward to this series!
This. ^. Right on the money, Rossco.

Sometimes, the false sense of entitlement that people harbour is just a disgrace.

Butch and his team worked hard to make a superb mod, lots of cars and variations, and then made it available for free.

Instant access to this stuff is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

The previously mentioned Road Racing Series starts this Thursday (25th August) in the Historic Racing Club. The points scoring but still casual, race-by-race sign up series follows Club Rules rather than the slightly more regimented League format.

250GTORR.jpg
We are using the hugely impressive Ferrari 250GTO mod produced by Butch and Team, a heady blend of torque and handling, topped off by that screaming 12 cylinder powerplant. It can be an overused word when describing vehicles in Sim Racing, but if any car deserves the epithet of "legendary", it is the 250GTO.

250gto.jpg
The series will be using long, temporary public road style courses, on Historic layouts contemporary with the vehicles, to get maximum fun out of these superlative pieces of engineering.

As the Series is designed to start like a volcano and build from there, we begin at the 1967 layout of Bathurst Mount Panorama on Thursday 25th August.

The series will run on 5 consecutive Thursdays, and will comprise of 2 x 75km races - although there is a possibility of making the final event a single 150km race around the 1970 layout of Le Mans.

250gto2.jpg
Details on the Series can be found here: Details

Sign up for Race1 can be found here (with subsequent race events to follow in the same place): Sign-up

If you fancy driving some automotive history round some challenging road courses in a competitive but still friendly environment (and I can think of no reason why you wouldn't), please come along and join us.

Season 8 of the RDHGP is rapidly approaching, the test event less than a month away (4th October) and the first round proper just 2 weeks after that (18th October).

This Season's vehicle pool is drawn from a proven set of closely matched cars, with the addition of a couple of models balanced to provide similarly paced - but differently set up - options.
RDHGPS8m.png
Tim Ling has made this short teaser trailer - thanks Tim.

You can find details of the RDHGP in the Historic Leagues section here: Click

We look forward to seeing you on track.

No worries Bram, it's my first time with video editing in 10 years, so I thought I'd keep it simple :redface:@Neil, the cars do seem very close this year, and the tracks we'll be racing are great. Stuart & Bob have done a great job

For the record: Sure, it's not packing any hard punches, but it gets the point across and shows what the league is about, gets the job done. Good, honest racing. Maybe my delivery could do with a pinch of salt, but hey, we are all adults here. We don't need daddy admin to sugar coat everything for us and pat us on the back and tell us to ignore the bad, sarcastic little Irishman. Nothing personal, Tim, it was never intended to be anything remotely personal. Merely a little comment (it is called a comment box, open to the public) using "mind blowing" as opposed to "good", a little disproportion. It's not the deceitful use of sarcasm that Bram presents it as. Sarcasm, using the definition, implies I would despise this trailer. What reason do I have to despise it, given the reasons stated above? Who am I to judge your efforts? Until I actually do attack someone, I really don't see the need for the admin to get involved on a statutory basis. Unless Bram has it in for me, that is... Which would be a shame as I am really enjoying RBR under the wing of Rick, Biscuits and Warren and others who contribute. Some really good guys part of a slightly overshadowed section of the community with impressive numbers in each club and league rally on a regular basis. Good day, Mr. Hengeveld, Mr. Ling :)

Showing now is the newsreel from Tuesdays RaceDepartment Historic Grand Prix season eight test event. The two races, both held in the Southern hemisphere, were a great sucess.

Although there were a few small issues, experienced race director, Mr. Stuart Thomson and his assistant Mr. Robert Hutchins were able to resolve these quickly allowing the races to proceed.
And what races they were! Although the five cars allowed in season eight are very different, the expert drivers showed that they can match each other's times, making the coming season one to be a part of. This reporter saw a Mark II Jaguar, two Lotus Elites and an Abarth 1000TC fighting lap after lap on Kyalami's main straight!

The eventual winner of both races was Mr. D. Botnarenko in a TVR Grantura, but the races were very close indeed.

After the race, Mr. R. Miley stated "These cars are so close on lap times it's going to be an epic season". Mr. A. Margalit agreed and added it's a "very close pack, I think it's the closest in all RDHGP leagues I've taken part in."

The first race takes part at Westwood Park Circuit in Canada on the 18th October, and there's still cars available to drive. Do you have what it takes to win season eight of the RDHGP?

Thanks to Tim Ling for submitting this news and video via our Got Tips? form. Find more info about this golden oldies league here.

Attachments

• RDHGPS8m.png
    RDHGPS8m.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 8,743
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back