Old GTL Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooky & Team 21 have released a new preview video of their Opel Kadett C Coupe project for GT Legends, showing the car from a variety of perspectives in full racing action.

Built from 1973 through 1979 by German auto maker Opel, the Kadett C was a popular car in several motorsport disciplines including hillclimbs, rally and road racing.

[virtualr]

distler14s9a.jpg
Cooky & Team 21 have released some new previews of their Opel Kadett C Coupe project for GT Legends.

Built from 1973 through 1979, the Kadett C was a popular car in several motorsport disciplines including hillclimbs, rally and road racing.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]heckz6yr.jpg1o2gn.jpg2x21j.jpgseitevu5f.jpg

Jari Vinnari released another league movie of the RDHGP that was held this week on the lovely track of Mugello. This classic car league for GT Legends is organized by Stuart Thomson and is now half way the fourth season.

Despite the age of the game, the league is attracting more and more competitive racers that want to compete against each other in a challenging league environment.

If you are interested in joining this high quality GTL league as well. Click here to read all about it in RD Historic Grand Prix forum.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
mugello.jpg

Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello is situated (perhaps unsurprisingly) in the Mugello region of Tuscany, in northern Italy. Situated just 30km from Florence, it is surrounded by the Apennine watershed, which provides a varied and imposing landscape as a backdrop.

Mugello is one of those circuits where, no matter what other challenges it can provide, its character is dominated by a single feature. Laguna Seca has the Corkscrew, Spa has Eau Rouge, Brand Hatch has Paddock, and Mugello has that enormously long, uphill, engine bursting, brake cooking, slipstream generating S/F straight. Ferrari use it as one of their F1 test tracks, and it regularly holds World SBK, Moto GP & DTM Championship events, only missing out on hosting the first A1GP race of the 2008/09 season due to delays with the car development.
It has also run the Mugello Grand Prix since 1920 utilising multiple formulas, with some famous names being victorious – Depailler, Jabouille, Daly, Palmer, Zanardi and even Alfieri Maserati in 1922.

Click here to find find the full list of results and standings of the RDHGP

Yes, big thumbs for both Jari and Stu!. Also some fantastic racing this season with this selection of cars.
I feel pretty bad that i can't race on Thursday nights due to work. I hope to join the next season (S5) if possible.

carro1e.jpg
The Carro is a ficticious car based on my ideas of a perfect car. It's highly inspired by 60's cars like Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale and the race cars that competed in events like the Targa Florio.

The car is a relatively lightweight midengined small car. As you can see in the picture below the wheelbase is 2.2m and the length of the car is about 3.5m. I must warn you now of the handling of the car, because the short wheelbase coupled with a 40:60 weight distribution makes this car quite a handful.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
DOWNLOAD

The engine is 2L DOHC V12 with 4 valves per cylinder. It is quite oversquare, to make it withstand 12000rpm over longer periods. The torque curve, based on relatively simple but accurate CFD, is given in the graph below.

Due to the spyder-design the aerodynamic drag is quite high on this car, but thanks to the rear bodywork some downforce is produced. The top-speed is therefore limited to around 250km/h. The drag and downforce figures are based on CFD which was also used to analyze the rideheight sensitivity and effect of loosing the rear wing(catastrophic:))

The beautiful skins were created by Stuart Thomson
All sounds, except my engine sounds, by Ducfreak

Thanks to Stuart Thomson, Sam J. Simpson and Steven Palmer for skins, car setup and testing
Thanks to Ducfreak for making his GT40 sounds available.

Known issues as far as I can remember:
-Weak engine sounds (I simply lack the experience and skill for this). Anyone got some V12 sounds they want to share?:)
-LEDs not working

Took it for a spin earlier today. You are right, it is quite a handful at first, but it has so much flexibility in the setup that there's absolutely no way anyone can say that they can't set it up to their driving style. I messed with the setup just a little and got it to be extremely predictable and docile. Lovely little car.

Great work Knut and all who were involved!!!

unioncompanymustang1foel.jpgBig Ron has been releasing a whole host of previews of his beautiful looking mod for GT Legends - the Ford Mustang Boss 302, leading us to believe that this stunning car is not far from a full release.

Ford equipped the Boss with a 5L V8 and designed it for Trans-Am Championship use, which it won at it's second try in 1970.

18g6yv.jpg 100j1qo.jpg 18276m3.jpg midohio19m3w.jpg moffatmustang2k1po.jpg mustang3xe5b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%