Old FSR articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great interview. having read a few of these, and having caught an online boradcast of last year's final race, I'd love to know more about what goes on inside a virtual racing team. For example:

Who are these engineers?
How do they work with the drivers?
How do all the team members all work together over the internet?
Do they analyze data / telemetry?
Is communication via email / teamspeak / telephone?
Do team members live near each other in the same town / country?
When / how do they practice / test? How much time is dedicated to it?
How exactly does someone "sign" for a team?
Are there team managers? What does it take to manage a team?
Is there sponsorship?
What's the global audience figures, if known?
Who regulates the series?
How does the practicalities of real life interfere? Do people get uprated internet connections to minimise loss of connections and/or busy periods? Do they lock themselves in their room for three hours to get a race done without any distractions?

I guess you know what I'm getting at... could any of the RD journalists do a story on this?

Again, a very well written interview Danny!

Congrats to Bono for winning this important title! :wink:

I have to give in, that I'm very, very jealous about the guys racing in FSR. Maybe there comes a time I'll find more free time for regular testing. Otherwise a step into this professional league wouldn't make sence...:frown:

GT Omega Racing today held a conference at its home base in Glasgow, showing the media and public it’s 2011 FSR cars along with team line-up for the coming season starting in just a week’s time.

World Championship driver Lee Morris comments:
“I exist to win, so therefore this season my aim is to win on a regular basis, I have the team behind me now to do this and after a painful season last year I hope this season really takes off”

KLkx7.jpgWorld Championship driver Rudy van Buren (www.rvbracing.com) comments:
“First of all it’s an amazing chance that GT Omega gives me to drive in the World Championship, it's going to be difficult at the beginning of the season as there is allot to learn but near the end I hope to be a regular top 5 contender.”

World Series driver Jack Keithley comments:
“It’s great to be in FSR again this year, but I’ll have more time to focus after cutting down on other series. I felt I was improving allot last year in an F1 car with the great team work we put in so I feel if I can put last year’s speed into my performances this year I can maybe get that first win, and will try every race to be at the front end of the grid.“

World Series driver Ventis Didrihsons comments:
"FSR is a great challenge for me and I'm sure it will also be great fun. Thanks to the GT Omega team for this opportunity. I will do my best to score good results for the team."

Race Engineer Marko Buhin comments:
“We have had very good preparations for the upcoming season and I hope we can achieve our goals: also, good luck to all other teams and we will see each other at the track”

Download high quality pictures by Simracing-Render of the GT Omega cars here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2y6zru

V8hwF.jpg

UA3MB.jpg

Djck1.jpg

PSOwI.jpg

EMLWm.jpg

At Spa-Francorchamps, 27th of March 2011, the GS07 roared its engine for the first time going into the track. The car made some shakedown laps for the media and fans present at the track to record the moment. The new GhostSpeed’s challenger made its presentation in a great day, where the team drivers for 2011 were also revealed.

After a long winter break GhostSpeed Racing Team is preparing for the new FSR 2011 season where it is planning to take part in each division. The team said goodbye to some respected team members that where searching for a new challenge at different teams. In the mean time the team have signed several new talented and motivated drivers to boost it in a new phase of its life. GhostSpeed’s aspirations are not set too high for 2011, since building upon a new team, the new drivers have to prove themselves first. The team is looking for solid point scoring finishes and anything better will be a nice present.

During the winter Mark Aalberts have been pushed forward to become Team Manager for GhostSpeed. Aalberts comments on the new season that is in front of us:

Mark Aalberts, Team Manager:
“Im looking forward to 2011 and the new challenges it brings with it. Last year i found back some fun in racing again and that made my decision to become team manager of GS a little bit easier. The team has been working hard to finalize the line up and contract new drivers. I have high expecations from some new drivers in our team and I believe that we have contracted some good talents that can and will improve during the year. The team went through a major overhaul with basically a complete new lineup however I think it will be refreshing and I cant wait for the first race with my new team members. This year I will take part as driver in the World Trophy division, last year I have had a very good 2nd half of the season and I realy hope I can continue my form for this year. I wish all the competitors a nice racing season.”

Pedro Rodrigues, Team Owner:
“It’s really great to have Mark Aalberts has our team manager. He’s a great asset in the team and with his work we were able to build a fresh and fully motivated team. This is a rebuilding season for us, so it will be challenging, but we will be able to grow with it for the future. I’m sure we have some good new drivers and their fire to race is really inspiring. We have good talents here with a lot of potential to be stronger race by race. Let’s go for the first race and good luck to all the drivers and teams, I wish to see some great races.”

Team Drivers:
- Alessandro Puoti
- Gabriel Biondo
- George Manousakis
- Jim Parisis
- Joona Leppänen
- José Moura
- Lukas Euler
- Mark Aalberts
- Tjeerd Feddema

The GS07:
Designed by Pedro Rodrigues

GS07_presentation_pic01.jpg

GS07_presentation_pic02.jpg

GS07_presentation_pic03.jpg

Pictures taken by Mark Aalberts

Know more at GhostSpeed.net
Facebook page: Become a Fan
Twitter page: Follow Us

Attachments

• GS07_presentation_thum.jpg
    GS07_presentation_thum.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 22,101
Defending World Champion Bono Huis took the victory for Precision Motorsports by 5 seconds to David Greco (2FAST4U Twister-Racing). Third was Jaakko Mikkonen (Precision Motorsports), fourth for Mak-Corp Racing was Rasmus Tali. Mikko Puumalainen completed his debut for Mak-Corp Racing in fifth, followed by Atze Kerkhof (Twister-Racing). GT Omega Racings Lee Morris finished in 7th with Blair Disley (2FAST4U Twister-Racing) completing the top eight.

Fredrik Nilsson (Twister-Racing) took pole position in the desert of Bahrain with a 1:28.573, beating reigning World Champion Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) by 13 thousandths of a second. His teammate Jaakko Mikkonen qualified third with a 1:28.642. Fourth for 2FAST4U Twister-Racing was David Greco with Atze Kerkhof (Twister-Racing) rounding out the top five.

Technical issues for Fredrik resulted in him missing the start; Huis lead the field from Mikkonen and Greco. A fantastic start from Rudy van Buren (GT Omega Racing) brought him up to 4th. Atze Kerkhof also had issues at the start of the race, dropping from 5th to 8th. It was clear that Rudy could not keep up the pace of the leading three, he soon fell prey to the two Mak-Corp Racing cars and the only remaining Twister-Racing car. Lap 27 saw David Greco pit, the following lap saw Huis, Mikkonen and Tali pit, Mikkonen was able to retain his second place over David Greco. Lap 29; David Greco overtakes Jaakko Mikkonen down the pit straight to get second place. With 12 laps to go, the battle for 12th was heating up with Patrick De Wit (Faster Than Speed) trading places with Jim Parisis (GhostSpeed) After a number of laps of close wheel to wheel fighting, De Wit was able to overtake Parisis around the outside at Turn 4. With eight laps to go Rudy van Buren spun on the exit of the final turn dropping down to 10th. Huis was able to maintain his lead, and completed a dominating win in the desert by setting the fastest lap on the last lap.

More information on Formula SimRacing can be found in the forums here

Bono Huis won the Australian GP followed by David Greco last weekend with Fredrik Nilsson finished third, closely followed by Saxen, Mikkonen, Puumalainen and Tali. Morgan Morand finished 8th with Lee Morris in 9th, Lukas Euler finished 10th for GhostSpeed giving them there first points of the 2011 season.

Find more news about Formula SimRacing on their official forums

Bono Huis dominated the Chinese Grand Prix followed by teammate Jaakko Mikkonen. Third was Mikko Puumalainen, fourth was David Greco, followed by John Eric-Saxen and the Twister-Racing duo of Atze Kerkhof and Fredrik Nilsson. Rasmus Tali finished in 8th, good result for both Nilsson and Tali after starting from the back of the grid. Dennis Hirrle finished 9th, closely followed by Raino Room who rounded out the top 10.

Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) took pole position by over half a second to Jaakko Mikkonen (Precision Motorsports). Third was Mikko Puumalainen (Mak-Corp Racing) following by Ash-AeroF1’s John Eric Saxen. 2FAST4U Twister Racing drivers Disley and Greco followed by, Karol Poniatowski (Ash-AeroF1) was 8th followed by Atze Kerkhof (Twister Racing). Raino Room (GT Omega Racing) qualified 9th with Dennis Hirrle (NetRexGP) in 10th. The noticeable absenties from the top 10 where Fredrik Nilsson and Rasmus Tali, whom both started from the back of the grid.

The early stages of the race saw Fredrik Nilsson finding his way through the pack, and by lap 6 he was already in 12th. De Wit lead a train of 8 cars from 8th, but after Blair Disley found his way through, the Frenchman spun and dropped several positions. On lap 13, GT Omega Racing driver Jack Keithley retired from 11th, the Englishman said “I was having a good race, and was battling for 10th at the time where I spun at Turn 13 and was unable to get going again.”

By lap 20, Huis pulled out a gap of 8 seconds to Mikkonen, who was followed closely by Puumalainen. Greco followed a few seconds behind, 5th was Saxen who continued his good form from Australia. 6th was Atze Kerkhof. A few laps later Nilsson made his way past Poniatowski, and moved into 7th.
With 32 laps to go, Kerkhof was the first to stop, and Poniatowski spun at Turn 13, with Disley following close by, he had nowhere and it resulted in his 2FAST4U car to loose a front wing.

After the pitstops, Huis still lead from Mikkonen, Puumalainen, Greco, Saxen and Kerkhof. Tali’ early pitstop allowed him to jump Fredrik Nilsson. 9th was Dennis Hirrle and rounding out the top 10 was Raino Room. After Disley’ and Poniatowski’ issues, they were down in 12th and 13th. On lap 31 Disley was able to make a move on the Mak-Corp driver at the harpin, and this time he was able to hold the position. On the same lap, Fredrik Nilsson was able to pass Rasmus Tali for 7th at the harpin. A few laps later Disley was able to pass Allar Foht for 11th. The action died down near the end of the race, Fredrik Nilsson closed in on his teammate Atze Kerkhof, but was unable to pass the Dutchman.

Bono Huis once again demonstrated superior racecraft by winning the fourth WC race of the FSR season at Istanbul. Huis' team-mate Jaakko Mikkonen finished second, followed by Fredrik Nilsson in third. Bruno Marques made his best finish of the season to finish fourth, followed by Mikko Puumalainen, Atze Kerkhof, Dennis Hirrle and Rasmus Tali rounding up the top eight.

Jaakko Mikkonen (Precision Motorsports) took his first pole of the season with a 1:24.273 followed by the Twister-Racing duo Atze Kerkhof and Fredrik Nilsson. Fourth was Mikko Puumalainen (Mak-Corp Racing) with Bruno Marques (Net RexGP) in 5th. Lukas Euler (GhostSpeed Racing) performed his best qualifying of the season in 6th, followed by David Greco (2FAST4U Twister-Racing), Dennis Hirrle (Net Rex GP), Allar Foht (ATR Silverline) and Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports), who made a rare driving error on his Q2 lap.

The early stages of the race saw Mikkonen, Kerkhof, Nilsson, Huis and Puumalainen pull away from the field, but a strong charge in the opening laps saw Huis rise into 5th already on lap 4. The Dutch continued his storm towards the top by overtaking Puumalainen on lap 7; on the same lap the Twister-Racing cars swapped positions, with Nilsson gaining second, whereas Kerkhof lost another place to Huis a few laps later.

The battle for the lead raged on between Mikkonen and Nilsson. The two made slight contact in turn 1 on lap 17, making Nilsson lose ground and Huis capitalizing on the situation by passing the Swede in the following corner. On lap 20 Huis made his final move to take the lead from team-mate Mikkonen in clean fashion. With the entire top field running a 1-stop strategy, pit stops offered little change of positions. The situation gave Hirrle the temporary lead, but the German fell several positions back after his pit stop. After his first stop, Bruno Marques was able to utilize the slipstream to pass Puumalainen for fourth.

The final parts of the race saw no change of top positions, as Huis could seemingly cruise to his fourth win in as many races. Mikkonen secured the Precion Motorsports double despite passing attempts of third-placed Nilsson throughout the race. Marques finished in a season best fourth, followed by Puumalainen, who managed to resist the pressure from Kerkhof. Hirrle finished in a season best seventh, followed by Rasmus Tali, John-Eric Saxén and Patrick De Wit, scoring his first point of the season.

I got the latest version and it worked fine , thanks very much for this mod / software . I got to say that SimSync PRO is absolutely awesome . My first time using it and its great watching all the tracks and all being installed this way , very cool !

Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) won the Malaysian World Championship re-run, followed closely by Atze Kerkhof. Third was David Greco, closely followed by Fredrik Nilsson. Bruno Marques finished in 5th with Disley, Hirrle and Mikkonen following closely. Mak-Corp Racing took the remainder of the two points paying places with Tali taking 9th and Puumalainen in 10th.
Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) took pole position with a 1:29.905 followed by the four Twister Racing cars of Atze Kerkhof, Fredrik Nilsson, Blair Disley and David Greco. Sixth lined up NetRexGP’ Bruno Marques. John Eric-Saxen (Ash-Aero F1) lined up seventh, under four tenths off the pole time. Dennis Hirrle (NetRex GP) lined up 8th followed by Precision Motorsports Jaakko Mikkonen. Rounding out the top 10 was Allar Foht (ATR-Silverline)

Huis held the lead followed by Kerkhof, Greco, Nilsson, Disley, Mikkonen, Marques, Hirrle, De Wit and Tali. Tali’ fantastic start gaining him seven positions. Lukas Euler was the first pit on lap two dropping him to the back of the field.

By lap 10 Huis led, closely followed by Kerkhof, Greco, Nilsson, Disley, Mikkonen, Marques and Hirrle. The top 8 were separated by 8 seconds. De Wit, after a fantastic start battled with Morand and Tali who both passed De Wit and pulled away from the Frenchman. After twelve laps, Poniatowski collided with De Wit into Turn 1 but no fatal damage to either drivers, however this allowed GT Omega Racing’ Jack Keithley to slip by, the following lap, Keithley and Poniatowski collided, dropping them to 15th and 16th.

Lap 22, Jack Keithley retired due to too much damage for him to continue, the following lap Kerkhof and Disley pitted and exited in 8th and 9th respectively. Followed in a few laps later by Bono Huis who was able to maintain his lead, after the first round of stops, Huis led by Kerkhof, David Greco was able to jump Fredrik Nilsson for third, fifth was Blair Disley. Sixth to Eight was separated by 3 seconds: Marques, Mikkonen and Hirrle. The two Mak-Corp cars rounded out the top ten with Tali in 9th.

With 11 laps to go, Bruno Marques passed Blair Disley for fifth, a slight mistake dropped him into the clutches of Jaakko Mikkonen who was closely followed by Dennis Hirrle. With four laps to go, Hirrle was able to go around the outside of Jaakko Mikkonen at turn four, moving the NetRex GP car into 7th.

Bono Huis was able to make it his fifth victory of the season, taking a stranglehold of the world championship, followed by Kerkhof and Greco.

Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) won the Spanish GP and set a new record in FSR for the best start into a season with 6 consecutive wins. (The record was held by noone less then Greger Huttu who started into the season 2003 with 5 consecutive wins)

Huis was followed by the Twister-Racing duo of Fredrik Nilsson and Atze Kerkhof. Fourth was Mak-Corp Racing’ Mikko Puumalainen and fifth was Jaakko Mikkonen (Precision Motorsports) Sixth was Patrick De Wit (Faster Than Speed) followed closely by Muhammed Patel (ATR – SL), Raino Room (GT Omega Racing) John Eric-Saxen was able to pass both 2Fast4U drivers in the last sector following David Greco’ puncture dropping him to 11th. Saxen (Mak-Corp Racing) came home 9th with Blair Disley 10th.

Bono Huis took pole with a 1.16.390 followed by Fredrik Nilsson. Third was Patrick De Wit, closely followed by Atze Kerkhof, Blair Disley and Mikko Puumalainen. Jaakko Mikkonen was 7th with Raino Room in 8th. 9th and 10th were the NetRex GP cars with Marco Conti in 9th and Ernesto De Angelis, whom did not set a time in the final part of qualifying in 10th.

At the start Fredrik Nilsson managed to pass Huis into turn 1 to take the early lead. While Fredrik Nilsson and Bono Huis pulled away with the lead, a train of De Wit, Kerkhof, Puumalainen, Disley, Conti and De Angelis followed in the fight for the last podium spot. Raino Room was in 9th, dropping slowly away from the battle for third with Muhammed Patel following closely. The first of the pitstops were from Atze Kerkhof and David Greco, Kerkhof was able to jump De Wit in the stops getting the Dutchman into 3rd. Greco was able to get in front of Werdmuller, Patel and Room. On lap 26, Patel pitted and one lap later, Raino Room followed. The Englishman was able to leapfrog the GT Omega Racing driver.

Eventhough Nilsson pitted earlier than Bono Huis, the Precision Motorsports driver remarkably leapfrogged the Swedish driver for the net lead of the Grand Prix. He had to pass Marco Conti who was leading the Spanish GP after remaining out on track longer than his rivals.

Conti exited the pitlane coming out just in front of David Greco, then pulling away from the Italian and closed in on Jaakko Mikkonen. Conti then spun and stalled his NetRex GP car coming out of the chicane, Jaakko Mikkonen and Patrick De Wit pitted dropping themselves down to the tail-end of the points, however with fresh tyres they were able to pass Raino Room and Muhammed Patel. Both 2FAST4U drivers had issues near the end of the race, first with Blair Disley slowing down with a few laps to go dropping down to 9th and then on the final lap David Greco had a puncture dropping down to 11th.

Bono Huis won the Spanish GP by less than one second to Fredrik Nilsson with Atze Kerkhof rounding out the podium, Huis has extended his championship lead by retaining his one-hundred percent record in 2011.

Bono Huis (Precision Motorsports) has won the Monaco Grand Prix closely followed by Twister-Racings Fredrik Nilsson. Patrick De Wit came home 3rd with Morgan Morand finishing in 4th. Raino Room brought home his GT Omega Racing car with Muhammed Patel passing Blair Disley for 6th in the closing stages. 8th was Jaakko Mikkonen with Jim Parisis, the final classified finisher in 9th.

Patrick De Wit (Faster Than Speed) took pole with a 1:11:003, the top three drivers were separated by less than one tenth with Huis in second and Nilsson in third. Raino Room qualified 4th with Morgan Morand (ATR Silverline) ended up 5th. Stephane Rouault (NetRex GP) lined up 6th in front of Mikko Puumalainen (Mak-Corp Racing) A disappointed Atze Kerkhof (Twister-Racing) ended up 8th with David Dominguez, replacing David Greco for the Monaco Grand Prix qualified 9th. Rounding out the Top 10 was John-Eric Saxén for Mak-Corp Racing.

The start of the race saw De Wit able to maintain his lead, however a number of cars made contact in the opening laps seeing Rouault, Saxen, Euler, Dominguez and Conti retiring with Puumalainen and Tali in the pits. On lap 4 Jack Keithley allowed Muhammed Patel through for 7th and then let Mikkonen through aswell before retiring, adding to the long list of retirees. While De Wit was able to maintain his lead, he was holding up Huis and Nilsson. A small gap back to 4th place man Raino Room with Morand and Kerkhof. Patel who managed to find his way through the chaos at the start found himself trailing by 20 seconds to Room. Puumalainen was the next to follow in the list of retirements with 66 laps left and then 9 laps later Tali also retired. Twister-Racing’ Atze Kerkhof retired with 49 laps left.

Huis and Nilsson were the first guys to pit, followed one lap later by De Wit who hit the Armco barrier at Tabac resulting in a long pit stop and in Huis and Nilsson jumping De Wit in the stops. Huis was able to keep the lead for the remainder of the race, but with his Twister-Racing compatriot closely following throughout the race. De Wit had to fend off Morand with a damaged car but was able to hold on to third. Room had a lonely end to the race after losing out to Morand in the stops. Patel who also lost his front wing at Tabac on lap 57 dropping him a place to 7th behind Disley. However, the Englishman was able to regain the position passing the 2FAST4U driver at Tabac with 2 laps remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back