Old FSR articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the season several Roaldo Racing / Roaldo RedSpeed drivers will tell more about themselves in an interview. This GP and just arrived at Silverstone, big brother Andreas Nilsson.
2428il GT OR Final Logo white.jpg
"Welcome to Silverstone Andreas!

Q: Simple first question, who is this Swedish simracer?
My name is Andreas Nilsson, 23 years old and live in the south of Sweden. I really enjoy sim-racing, especially with Formula-cars and have competed in some smaller leagues for two years now. By joining FSR I hope to get even more exciting sim-races

Q: How did you came in contact with FSR and the team Roaldo Racing?
Well, my brother began to race with Roaldo Racing this season, which made me interested to do the same. When I then got the opportunity to compete for the same team, I took it right away and haven’t regretted it since.

Q: Was it hard to settle in to the team and how was your first ever FSR race?
There has been no problem to get comfortable in the team; you get help with everything you need to know. Roald has been very helpful during these first weeks and I think I get along well with the other drivers too. My first race in FSR was really disappointing as I spun and stalled the engine just a few laps into the race. If I had kept cool I could have finished within the points.

Q: So your brother, Fredrik, drivers in the WC, you have the ambition to drive WC in the future?
Yes, of course. I want to drive in WC one day, if I become quick enough. The ambition is always to get better and quicker, so maybe I can drive in the highest division in the future.

Q: You showed some good potential the last 3 races, you extented your contract with Roaldo Racing for 3 more races, what do you want to achieve for the remaining races in FSR?

The main goal right now is to take the chequered flag in a race, which I haven’t managed to do yet. When everything comes together for me and the team I may be able to challenge for a podium finish too. Otherwise, I just try to do my best and drive fair.

Attachments

• Helmet.jpg
    Helmet.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 201
Andreas Nilsson is a great driver, very quick and very fair in the races so far. I believe he has the potential to grab podiums in the upcoming races, its good to have him onboard in the team.....but also great to have as a team mate as we push each other to the limits!
Good luck with the remainder of your contract Andreas and hope you extend further:)

rFactor 2010-06-17 00-43-30-63.jpgA weekend where both Roaldo Racing GTomegaRacing.com were again up to speed, right there in the Top5 amongst the fast drivers of PM and Twister. The last weekends the team improved and searched for ways to take the first victory of the year!

Roald Reurink: "In Silverstone it was Fredrik Nilsson who tried with a 1-stopper to be the first to cross the finish line. The tactic was solid, however not tested before hand, as his engineer Dan Rasmusson came with the idea just before the race. Due to two mistakes Fredrik lost his 4th position which he would surely have. No win, no points, it was a dissapointing weekend for Fredrik. Nonetheless the times were there and that is promising for the remainder of the season!

Mathieu didn't had a good race aswell, qualification was good, our racepace should have been good too. However Mathieu had problems at the start of the race. The good news is that he scored some valuable points for our road to the 5th place in the constructors standings!"

Mathieu Prevot: "What a bad race! qualfying good 1.5 tenth behind my PB starting from 5 th position Morris was really agressive and passed me i didn't try to keep my position then he try to attack fred and he did a small spin and had to brake to don't touch him and loose there 3 positions and after the car was really bad to drive to did a early pit a 12 th lap and 9 sec in the pit!! to repair

Then the car was really better but i was far, too far disapointed because i could be in 4 th position"

Fredrik Nilsson: "Qualifying was better than expected, managed to get a good lap together.

The race would be very uncertain. We could have gone for the usual option of doing a 2-stopper, but to we decided to go for a 1-stopper to see if we could get into the top mix.
The car was absolutely horrible to drive in the first stint though, and I was very inconsistent since I did not practice on hard tyres before. In the end we think a 4th place would have been certain, but a stupid mistake of not knowing where the pit entry line is located, I got two stop and go penalties and called it a day. I was quite frustrated about it of course since we would have brought some good points home again, but sometimes you have these bad races. We head to Hockenheim pretty confident that Roaldo GtOmegaRacing.com can get a good result!"

Up to Hockenheim!

Attachments

• rFactor 2010-06-17 00-43-30-63.jpg
    rFactor 2010-06-17 00-43-30-63.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 8,113
Romeo One Racing's first race in the FSR World Series in Silverstone was not the smoothest of the rides but a great learning experience for its two drivers. Penalized by a bad start probably due to a lack of experience with these cars, Ventis Didrihsons and Peter Duivelaar nevetheless managed to find their groove and move their way up the field. Mechanical problems prevented Didrihsons to reach the finish line but Duivelaar finished 8th in what could have been a double top ten finish for ROR in its league debut.

Duivelaar is very thrilled about his new team and his participation in the league: "First of all I really want to thank Eric for giving me the oppurtunity to drive in this league. I had the goal to finish and if possible also in the top 10. I am happy with this result in my first race, as I know the level of the other drivers is very good. I am looking forward to my next race in FSR".

Ventis is equally happy to be here. Even though he funnily "felt like Karun Chandock's in his first F1 debut", he is confident that Peter and him will be able to build on this first experience to improve and get closer to the leaders over the next few races: "The race was great fun even if I did some silly mistakes like not adjusting engine boost at the start thus losing 7 positions. Obviously we were way off the leaders pace, but it’s good to see where we are and where to improve. I’m more than sure we will be back soon with some stronger performance. "

One of the first goals for the upcoming races is to improve starts, as both drivers struggled in that area, as Duivelaar describes it: "Somehow my start was really bad. I used the launch control, but for some reason I had too much wheelspin. As a result I was back in P20, and not far in front of me was my teammate Ventis." Hopefully, the rest of the race was more encouraging. "I stayed calm and after a couple of laps I had gained some positions and was now right behind Ventis. The gap between us was only about 3 seconds and that remained for a very long time the same. In the meanwhile we came closer to the other drivers in front and we gained some more places. In the last part of the race we were in position 9 and 10, so that would have been a very nice result for this first race, to finish with both cars in the top 10. But at the end Ventis unfortunately had to retire. In the last laps I managed to get 8th position as 1 driver had damage to his car."

With the help of his drivers' valuable feedback, Ross Grown and his team of engineers have already started on working on new evolutions to close the gap as quickly as possible with the leaders. The goal is to become soon competitive and integrate regularly the top 10. The next "rendez-vous" on the track is still a question mark as many of the drivers are on summer vacation.

romeo1.jpg

Turkey_Image.jpgRound 10 of FSR 2010 saw the paddock head into the summer heat of the British GP at Silverstone.

The first race was the World Series, with DHR SimCraft driver “Jack Keithley” wowing the home fans, with a pole position at his home track, his first in his FSR career, and the team’s fifth pole of the 2010 FSR season. Jack got off to a good start and was in a four way battle for the lead, with all driver’s exchanging positions in an epic battle. Unfortunately heading out of the final sector Jack took too much curb and run wide and a car behind couldn’t avoid him and he lost his rear wing, and retired from the race. Muhammed Patel had a mediocre race after struggling to get to grips with the track, and got caught up in incidents, later retiring from the race due to severe damage. Ben Tusting had his career best FSR result however, after finishing in 8th position after a couple of incidents.

Jack Keithley Commented:
“The race was going great after starting from pole - led the first couple of laps and then started to conserve the car for later, but out of Luffield on lap 4 the car understeered wide and then it just spun out on me and at the time I was really surprised at how this happened.
We still have a lot of positives to take with us for next race - the team worked really hard on the car and came up with a very competitive package once again, that we can take to Hockenheim”

Next up was the World Trophy race, with all the DHR driver’s having a mediocre qualifying session. In the race however the driver’s got into the groove, as Ivan Kaloyanov coming from 11th looked set to take 2nd position in the race, until a car came back from off track and slammed into the side of Kaloyanov, knocking him of track, and causing bad suspension damage. Kaloyanov had to drive the car home with his wheel at an angle due the car wanting to consistently turn left, he finished in 6th. Former TGP Formula 1 race winner and current Formula Palmer driver instrucer Mark Johnston made his second race in the division, with another fight through the field after starting from 17th. He built his way up to 3rd position and on the final laps was able to take 2nd. Danny Lubbers made his first FSR appearance for the team. He had a back of the grid penalty, and built his way up to finish in 11th after getting caught up in a number of incidents.

The final race was the World Championship, which did not offer the same kind of promise and success as the other divisions. John-Eric Saxen had the best pace, but had an incident quite early on in the race, costing him the chance to fight for possible points; he finished in 11th just shy of points. Muhammed Patel made a WC debut, being the youngest ever driver to take part in the division, making history. And despite struggling at this track he managed to finish in 13th position challenging more established WC drivers, finishing on the lead lap.

It was mixed feelings for the home fans at Silverstone, with Mark Johnston & Roaldo driver Ben Phillips being the only British drivers to score a podium in the whole weekend’s divsion results at the British GP.

The DHR SimCraft team is looking forward to the rest of the second half of the season, with the hope of more luck in WS & WC for future events.

DHR GP Press Report

www.dhrgp.com

www.simcraft.com

www.fanatec.com

newsimage1_20100423220817.jpgLast weekend, Marco Conti climbed from the back of the grid to 2nd in the FSR World Series race at Silverstone. Later on the day, Stahre was disqualified after his car failed to pass the post race checks. Marco Conti then inherited the race win that he was so close to get during the actual race after a magnificent drive that saw him make multiple overtakes to reach the front positions. After not being able to take part in Qualify because of a car problem, Marco never gave up and fought all race long to achieve a well deserved win, the second win in a row for GhostSpeed in FSR World Series.

Karim Wezenberg had a different luck. Karim had a good start of the race and he was running strong in the top5 positions. But at the end of his first stint, he went to the pits together with the driver in front of him that stopped in the pit box immediately ahead. GhostSpeed’s pit crew was faster and Karim was surprised that the car in front hadn’t move yet and a small touch occurred when Karim tried to avoid him that was enough to take off Karim’s front wing. That destroyed Karim’s race that retired afterwards.
Stephane Rouault started well and he was running at the front together with Karim and very close to the leaders. He had a very action packed race that ended not so well since he had a puncture in the last lap of the race. He still got home in 9th.

In FSR AutoGP World Championship, GhostSpeed left Silverstone disappointed after a race without points for the team. Dennis Hirrle made a big effort and pushed as much as he could in the race but he could only reach 12th. Dennis wasn’t in his best physical conditions for this race but he still raced and tried hard.
GS_FSRWS2010_Silverstone_Conti.jpg
In FSR World Trophy, Mark Aalberts had good pace to reach a good result but he was unable to get it because of technical problems caused by the hot temperatures that forced him to retire early in the race. The team will now work hard to fix this and see Mark fighting for the top positions in the next races.

Video by Marco Conti

Know more at GhostSpeed.net
Facebook page: Become a Fan
Twitter page: Follow Us

Here is the highlights package from round 10 of the Auto GP World Championship:

Thanks to Jack Nicholls for recording the commentary, even though he is away on holidays at the moment, and thanks to all of the guys who worked on the track.

Precision maintained the championship leads by winning two out of three races on the renewed Silverstone track.

In World Series Cyril Werdmuller and Mattias Stahre settled for second row in qualifying which secured a relatively strong position to attack in the race. After an early battle with Jeffrey Rietveld Werdmuller and Stahre climbed up to the front during the first pit stops. Stahre slowly but safely increased the gap to Werdmuller, whereas Marco Conti was catching the both. Eventually Stahre finished in a copybook victory, but due to technical file submission issues the Swede was later disqualified harshly. A podium from Werdmuller and fifth place from Gosling nevertheless secured the team's position in the championship fight.

Press_27.jpg

World Trophy saw championship leader Pedro Melim take his first pole of the career, which already meant the Portuguese would be difficult to beat in the race. After holding on the lead in the start, Melim had an easy job of keeping in top, as the only threat turned out to be a driver using illegal cheats, who in spite of this couldn't keep up with Melim's pace. After the chequered flag had waved, Melim finished in a dominant victory with a 51-second gap to the second placed driver. Emre Uysal finished 5th to carry home more points, while Ajibola Lawal again was forced to retire due to a pedal problem in formation lap.

World Championship saw a less stunning qualifying effort, although Bono Huis secured another front row next to Bruno Marques. In the race the Dutch remained within distance to Marques during the first stint, and somewhat surprisingly managed to take the lead during the second. After Greco leapfrogging both Marques and Huis during the second stops, Huis had to make yet another pass, which he managed on lap 38 after a mistake from Greco. This meant Huis would finish in his second straight victory and fifth top 2 finish in the last five races, furthermore strengthening his championship lead.
Jaakko Mikkonen drove another consistent race to finish fifth and keeping up in the fight for the top 3 spots. Ronny Hähnel took seventh after struggling with tire wear in the last laps, while Rasmus Tali drove into ninth in a race compromised by a damaged car and less optimal health.

The circus moves to Hockenheim where the 11th race of the season is to be held in the coming weekend, followed by the holiday break. Stay tuned and follow our progress during the weekend through the usual social media.

Ondrej Kuncman, Precision Motorsports team manager commented:
"We had anticipated a very difficult weekend, but other teams made it relatively easy for us. Bono`s win was special not only because Twister had better pace, it was also a symbolic win that pretty much describes our season - not winning races on raw pace with best setups, but winning thanks to brilliant preparation in other areas. Mattias proved it too. Unfortunately he was DQ, but that's the rules and we have taken more precautions to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Silverstone was the last really high speed track so from now on things should go a bit easier for us."

Bono Huis (1st) commented:
"I didn't expect to win here, and that makes this win even better! I thought our pace wasn't that good, as we saw in quali Twister was faster. But I could keep up with them in the race, actually I think I was faster in the first stint but I decided to stay behind Bruno to make a gap to the rest. Bruno and Greco pitted really early, I couldn't do that because the tyres wouldn't last long enough in the 2nd stint. So I had to do 2 more laps, I pushed like hell to try to stay infront of Greco but then I made a silly mistake in the pits and lost quite a lot of time and came out behind them. In the 2nd stint I passed them both but Greco pitted earlier again and he passed me. So then I was just waiting for the last few laps until Greco suddenly made a mistake and I got through. The last 10 laps I pushed like crazy to keep the gap to Bruno, but I knew if I didn't make any mistake he wouldn't pass me. Very very happy with this win, didn't expect it at all."

Jaakko Mikkonen (5th) commented:
"I did a personal best in qualifying but sadly it was enough for 9th place only.
I started the race carefully and overtook I think one driver. After that I was mostly stuck behind other cars. It's very difficult to pass cars in front who have also slipstream of the car in front of them, so I tried to be smart and attack later or when I thought I won't get overtaken from behind. I managed to pass some drivers and found myself later from 5th place. Not too bad but not awesome either."

Cyril Werdmuller (3rd) commented:
"Before the race I knew my racepace wasn't that good as I had not enough time to practice. Anyways I was surprissed that I could drive my personal best time during the qualification which gave me p3 on the starting grid.
The race went quit well for me. I even took the lead in the first stint but it was obvious that my racepace wasn't good enough. I tried everything to defend the lead but in the end it wasn't enough. After that I lost some more places.
It was very enjoyable and fair race with nice battles going on whole the way. In the end I finished on the 4th place which I'm really pleased with."

Pedro Melim (1st) commented:
"What a weekend! After such a hard week on testing and struggling to get on pace I managed to go to the qualify session and grab pole by 0.024 s. I went to the race confident, but after first lap I saw that Sergio was quite fast. He spun some laps into the race which gave me some breathing space, but after some more laps his engine blew. From then on I was managing the tyres, engine and gap to the second place. Overall a great weekend for me since I achieved my first pole of the year and my sixth victory and got the fastest lap of the race as well. A great weekend for the team also since we got two victories in such a difficult circuit. I want to thank John-Eric Saxen for his help on this GP in the car setup and also to the team manager Ondrej Kuncman for being my race engineer on Sunday."

Emre Uysal (5th) commented:
"Some accidents during the race, but the car could handle it very well finishing in 5th. There was enough pace in the car which was again a good achievement by the team thanks to good coordination by its managers.
Again a good weekend for PM finishing first in all divisions. A little break then get back to hard work again aiming for podium spot."

Precision Motorsports
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Attachments

• Press_28.jpg
    Press_28.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Press_29.jpg
    Press_29.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 254
After a strong midsummer campaign bringing three straight WC victories, Precision Motorsports approaches Hockenheim in hopes of consolidating the team's championship leads before the summer break. The team approaches its home Grand Prix in updated liveries, featuring a more distinct painting pattern along with the German colors. Will Bono Huis be able to take is third straight victory or will home favourite Ronny Hähnel come in between? Follow the progress in our usual channels to find out.

Ondrej Kuncman, Precision Motorsports team manager commented:
"We are looking forward to team`s home track. Preparation has gone reasonably well unlike in Silverstone and that should show in results. Naturally we are aiming for 4th consecutive win in the World Championship and hopefully more than that. Hockenheim is mainly a slow speed track with only 2 high speed corners, therefore our strengths can be shown here more than in the previous race. Twister obviously remains the only competitor. I am confident but anything can happen so let's see how it turns out."

John-Eric Saxen, Precision Motorsports License co-owner commented:
"Preparations for this weekend have been somewhat fluctuating. After a difficult start some clear improvement in car handling was seen thanks to great co-operation. The track is difficult to setup for and the race will probably see some compromises regarding strategy and pit stop timing. The start will no doubt be tricky, but providing that the first lap succeeds, the final result should reflect our preparations. Hopefully we can move with good results in the bag onto the summer break."

Ronny Hähnel commented:
"I´m really looking forward to my Home GP in Hockenheim. Naturally you always want to show up strong and win infront of your Fans but it will be very difficult to win, especially my teammates and twister will be very strong again. At first it´s important I get the Qualyfing right which was my main problem in the last two races.
The track is similar to Montreal and Valencia where we had very good pace, so I´m confident to get a good race and maybe score my 2nd victory."

Check out the Lap around the Hockenheim Circuit onboard with Ronny Hähnel here

To follow us during the weekend make sure to check out our Facebook site where you will always get the latest Infos

Precision Motorsports
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen

logo.gifTonight round eleven of the 2010 AutoGP FSR World Championship takes place in Germany, Hockenheim.
Broadcast starts at 5:10pm GMT, Race Start is at 6:00pm. CLICK

Can Bono Huis win his 4th season race, or will 3-time-champion Bruno Marques strike back? How about Ronny Hähnel on his home track? Tune in and find out about who is getting one step closer to drive a real AutoGP car in Italy at the end of the year!

Win 170€ by guessing the correct top-8 race finishing order!

With just 7 races to go and a demonstrative championship leads in all Formula SimRacing categories, we today take a chat with Precision Motorsports team owner Johannes Kunkel, who has seen the team's rise from its early struggle into the current dynasty.

1. Hello, nice to meet you. As maybe the background of the team is not so well known, tell us a little about the process of founding team Precision Motorsports and how you got involved in this success story?

Hello, to tell the story I should go back to early 2007 when I was working with the Mak Modding Group as a 3d-modeler. In May 2007, I wanted to get into Formula 1 racing and I refound the Mak-Racing Team and started driving in the FSR Amateur Series. In January 2008 I decided to found my own team under a new name. This was the moment when Precision Motorsports was born. Shortly after the team was found I got contacted by Virtual-Games.com as they wanted to loan their World Championship License for 2008. After we came to the agreement to loan their License we tried to build up a team to compete in the most competitive simracing league in the world. Of course we knew that 2008 was going to be a learning year without many good results. For the most part of 2008 we had to fight with a very high driver fluctuation, which unfortunately always is a problem for new teams. After finishing last in the 2008 Constructors Championship we wanted to improve for 2009 and build up a new concept. One of the key factors of this concept was to get new drivers in the team. We failed completely on this task, mostly due to missing reputation back then I think. So we started 2009 with a not very strong and a very inconsistent Lineup, which cost me a lot of motivation. In june 2009 the team was about to collapse as several main characters left. This situation only gave me the choice to give up and close down Precision Motorsports or to get it going again. To get it going again we needed a massive change, so I talked to Ondrej Kuncman who had just lost his job as teammanager due to the end of another team. He joined Precision Motorsports and we started to rebuild the team completely. From then on it went uphill quite a lot which brought us to the point where we are now.

27176d1279839063t-interview-founder-precision-motorsports-johannes-kunkel-johannes.jpg
2. The first year and a half in FSR did not bring any "tremendous" success in the higher categories, but now the team is on the top of the game. Obviously some right choices was made along the way?

Yes, in the past we took some very important and right decisions. Now, watching back, I see that there has been a good thing in every drawback we had to experience. Even though they brought the team to a point where I almost wanted to give up. An important decision back then was to take Ondrej Kuncman as the new teammanager. I also can say that we took many good decisions concerning our lineup. Seeing basically everyone is still working and no one left the team or gave up, I have to say that this is a very rare situation in simracing.

3. In WC especially, the young drivers, with Bono at the front, have been constantly quicker than their much more experienced opponents. What do you think the reason for this could be and how would you comment on the performances of your drivers in general this season?

There are just some incredibly talented drivers and unlike the old generation they get a lot help from their team so they don´t have to learn everything by themselves which is a big advantage.
In general I´m very happy with the performance of my drivers. Everyone is giving his best and trying to get good results.

4. I suppose everyone wants to know the secrets behind Precision's 2010 success. What would you comment on that and on the team work in general, are there any secrets?

There is not a real secret. It´s just all about a good preparation and organizing as well as structuring the whole work within the team in an efficient way. We don´t rely on luck. We prepare ourselves very precisely, but of course even then mistakes happen. Also we have a well balanced team of young, talented drivers and experienced veterans, and for the future we want to keep this mix.

5. Having secured a strong position in the AutoGP World Championship with 7 races left to go, what are your thoughts about the upcoming test drive and how likely do you see that Precision is represented on the Monza grid?

I hope very much that we will be represented in the AutoGP test in Monza. It´s a great opportunity for those who get the chance. I´m really looking forward to see what they will do.

6. Tell us a few words about your own work related to the team. What is the trickiest part with being a team owner?

A big part of managing a team is communication, keeping the team together in difficult situations (as we just had to discover) and make everyone feel as one team. Another big part of my work is the outside presentation of the team and the work with sponsors and partners.
We are already working on concepts to push the team even further, some of it will be released very soon.

7. How difficult has it been securing sponsors and how has the MAK-corp partnership turned out?

Securing sponsors in simracing is very difficult, and I had to experience that since early 2008 when I found the team. Working with Mak-Corp.net as a partner is great. I´ve personally known Petros Mak the CEO since late 2006. He has a good concept for the future and based on the already released SimRDispX Display Unit we will see some very nice products coming from them.

8. Precision has clearly put most effort on FSR with the exception being the 24H Le Mans endurance in June. Are there some plans already made for future appearances in endurances or other events?

Of course there are plans to expand into other series and leagues. But wherever we will put a team in the future we want to do it with a good concept and drivers who can always fight for victories. LeMans was a perfect example for this, we had this race in mind for a long time but first we wanted to see how the technical side with driverchanges work and if it´s just a case of luck or not to finish such a long race. That´s why we drove a 6h in February. It turned out that with a good preparation it´s possible to finish such a long race, so we only had to find a LineUp which can compete to win. In the end we can say we took many correct decision which ultimately gave us the victory of the 24h of LeMans.

9. Finally where do you expect your team to stand after the season is over in terms of championship positions?

Before the season started we wrote down our expectations and which result we can consider success or failure. So far everything looks very good and I hope we can keep the positions we have now.

10. What do you promise the sim racing audience for the rest of the 2010?

I promise we will do everything to provide great racing on the broadcasts and we will fight as hard as we can to be on top at the end of the year.

Good luck for the remaining season.

Check out Johannes' Profile here

Precision Motorsports Press
interview by John-Eric Saxen

Attachments

• johannes.jpg
    johannes.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3,079
Here is the highlights package from round 11 of the Auto GP World Championship.
Thanks to Jack Nicholls for recording the commentary, Patrick de Wit for the cams, and all the guys who worked on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%