Old ETS 2 Threads

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by RaceDepartment, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Warmenhoven

Roland Warmenhoven Premium Licensed

Yes, will buy for sure.
    No idea why, but this type of game has been intriguing me since the 80's:

Played this one for hours and hours as a kid on my little 14" CGA monitor...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant Premium Licensed

This thread has become rather quiet, it's time for some news on the game :)
    Here's a new teaser for Euro Truck Simulator 2 showing a number of trucks.
    It's not much, though at least it shows development is still going.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant Premium Licensed

It's update time, people! And this time we're in for a treat, as SCS Software gives us our first good impression of what Euro Truck Simulator 2 will look like :)

To transform the static image below into a video, move your cursor over it and apply pressure on your mouse with your left finger until you hear *click*.

Perhaps you'd appreciate this complementary video of a sound recording session, too.

We shall await more goodies regarding this rather exquisite looking game that is to be Euro Truck Simulator 2. Woo!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman Licensed

Great video! Hope to get this with the release!
  5. Stewart Bridge

Stewart Bridge Premium Licensed

Wow! I had no idea they were working on a sequel :)

I tried the first one, and the UK truck sim and really disliked the monotony of the motorways with not much to look at, but this looks outstanding!

I do hope though that they don't compress the roads down as much as they did before. If it takes 2-2.5 hours to drive from Birmingham to London, then I'd hope for it to take that time in game, but doing it in 20 mins of playtime just doesn't feel right. I know real routes can be done as the London to Brighton route for Train simulator 2012 has it bang on accurate.
  6. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Ah, Train Simulator... Loved the Newcastle to York route :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman Licensed

Me wanna have!

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stewart Bridge

watching the GPS from 00:50 to 01:00 he travelled 2km in 10 secs?! at 720kph that's one fast truck!

well, guess it's confirmed my fears and is a heavily compressed road network :(
  9. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Well, I'm guessing most people probably wouldn't fancy driving across Europe in a truck in real time :D
  10. Stewart Bridge

well yes, but as it's pretty much geared towards full on simulation, time/road compression should be an option, not mandatory.
  11. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Perhaps technically not doable.

I'd actually like the full distance as well, I think I remember routes in the original game being too fast. I probably need to get out more.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stewart Bridge

have two sets of assets, compressed and not? :p

wonder if it's moddable. I'd like to think all key elements along the road are there, it's just a matter of adding the bits between junctions?

i recall on the first one, being on the motorway and having to brake and drop gears for a seriously sharp turn! aside from on/off ramps I don't think i've ever driven a motorway in the UK that does that :p it's like they literally traced the routes then scale the whole thing down in length... so i wonder if that same method could be used to enlarge it again?
  13. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Double the work, small team.
  14. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

15. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Weather

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman Licensed

This game will be awesome I hope!
  17. magicfr

magicfr www.ivory-tower.fr Premium

Le'ts hope they will support multiple controllers this time. I couldn't play the demo in #1 because I have wheel and pedals on 2 different controllers.
  18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton Premium Licensed

I'm going to get this, it'll be nice to drive something I can keep up with.:)
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa AC Paint Guru Premium Licensed

Finally there is a release date on this awesome game: October 19!!! Can't wait. In the mean time you can play this fun minigame through youtube:
  20. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton Premium Licensed

I've just bought UK Truck Simulator to keep me going until then. At least I'll recognize the roads.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.