1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Kevin Watts, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

Rick A is the main developer of this title it seems :) Pretty awesome remix btw :)

2. Telstarflyer

Telstarflyer

Hi All,
    Ever since Multiplayer went via Internet all is good, but the fine art and fun of playing Offline (internet) via normal LAN just dissappeared!!!!

For people in 3rd world countries, like us in South Africa, no multiplayer options are really available, as even if we have internet to activate games ect., we can't play online 'cause the damn ISP's are too slow and too erratic to keep a connection stable. How can I play against friends in the same room/city without being dropped all the time?!

This is a plea for the poor suckers that can't afford 8mb lines as there are no 1mb options where we are. We also want to feel the adrenaline of playing multiplayer games (like Race and GTR 3 ect.) while watching our buddies wreck there gaming Peripherals just to get a flat tire on the last lap.

For those that also have this need, please reply :)

Regards
    An old dog (NFSHP3 player :) )

3. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe Licensed

Yup, LAN mode is important for sure

4. Telstarflyer

Telstarflyer

hehe, it looks like no one else likes LAN mode?! :(

5. semir

semir

looks nice

6. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe Licensed

na, it was mentioned in another thread, but didn't want you feeling left out :)

7. Telstarflyer

Telstarflyer

Thanx ;)
    Do you have a shortcut for the other thread?

8. Mark Guy

Mark Guy Licensed

I am from South Africa, and myself and a few friends often get together and Play Race On in lan mode. We also have a braai and a few beers. Always ends up great fun.
    :)

9. Telstarflyer

Telstarflyer

Sounds Great!!! Where are you based?
    Joburg I hope, as then I can possible play against someone else then stupid AI :(
    Me and my son plays, but the track gets a bit big if just two players are playing.

10. Mark Guy

Mark Guy Licensed

Sorry m8, I am based in Cape Town.... :(

11. Telstarflyer

Telstarflyer

Cool then :(
    Will let you know if I visit there again...

12. Márcio Oliveira

Márcio Oliveira Licensed

I hope multi-player is going to be awesome so I can buy it =D

13. Ivanjko

Ivanjko

lizzard engine or isi?

whats going on they are waiting long time...maybe they wait for rfactor2 because the lizzard engine is not ready

1 screenshot in 8 Months...come on

The Iracing killer should make more advertisement

14. Brian Venable

Brian Venable

iRacing killer? lol

Please tell us how.

15. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe Licensed

um price for one thing... The ability to host a server and no cost...

16. Brian Venable

Brian Venable

There are currently and will remain plenty of simracers who can and will pay for iRacing service after GT3 is released.

People have been predicting the death of iRacing since it went live but instead it keeps getting stronger.

17. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe Licensed

Brian, I have an iR account, and I'm not stating that GTR3 or any other sim will kill iR, but the fact remains that many still would not pay for "parts" of a sim when they can pay once (and cheaper) for a product that runs many many cars and tracks (and maybe mods too)...

18. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

People forget that hosting ISI game events on a dedicated server cost money too :) Actually one hosted race in iracing is cheaper than a race we host here at RD on a dedicated server (monthly costs devided by the amount of events per month). For the comparison I left out the monthly subscription and paid content of iRacing of course.

19. Brian Venable

Brian Venable

Yes, I use to be one of those people who struggled with getting past the cost....but in terms of entertainment value and convenience it's hard to argue with the cost in the end. And my other driving games are sitting there ready to use if I get the itch. There's room for them all to co-exist.

20. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour Licensed

I know we can't go on-topic when theres no screenshots but can we not go off-topic please :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.