1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Old ARCA Articles (merged)

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Christopher Aponte, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. For those who are interested in joining a stock car racing league using the ARCA Simracing game, then join the fun and sign up here as RDSCS sign-ups are still open until January 15th 2010. Up to now there are 14 drivers signed up for this league and it is still open for 29 more drivers.

Why wait?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If I only had the time to commit to this :) This is going to be awesome!

3. :D
    Clearly someones calendar has cleared alittle! :p

4. Bram

Bram

20rsebr.jpg
    Version two of ASR is currently in development as well as finalizing additional content for v1. Version 2, which we are looking at a late 2010 release, is going to be based on the new GMotor engine and with new graphics features, ruling changes, a new front-end system as well as added content and other updates. The Sim Factory Professional Stock Car Software is moving to a slightly new structure to accomodate more content, such as the Car of Tomorrow and well as the Camping World Truck Series vehicles. These new vehicles will be licensed by their respective manufacturers and again developed the only way we know how, by use of real world data and working hand-in-hand with industry professionals.

Our new subscription structure will not be run on a monthly basis, instead it will cost only $54.99 per year and will provide us the ability to develop product and content updates far faster then we currently can. This structure will also allow us to provide a far more intense and populated lobby of races. It will also allow us to focus on the Sanctioned Online Series that we are so excited to roll out as well as helping leagues develop into what we all know the online stock car community can provide. Our goal is not to monopolize our community but yet to provide a stronger and more energetic one. A yearly subscription will provide any and all updates or content add-ons done throughout that year as well as any new features to the engine.

With our first title we have paved great ground in the development of better and more realistic physics and a more viable training solution for real drivers and teams than our competitors. Our continued goals are to provide the most realistic software available to the professional stock car industry as well as a more content rich experience to the sim racing entusiast and our core base, the league racer.

We are currently working to provide the COT, CW Trucks and ARCA vehicles with added tracks as well as many other great features. The Nationwide chassis is also something we are looking to simulate. After that expect us to move into the realm of dirt stock cars and late models until we encompass everything stock car related and with the ultimate in realism. Check back for more information as we move into a new generation of stock car racing online.

Click here to read all the news and check out the brand new The Sim Factory website

5. ooh yeah :)

6. Bram

Bram

I am also thrilled with this news. Great stuff TSF!

7. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

Oyes bring it on :)

8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Buying it 120% sure, love ARCA, I think is a great product, and the yearly subscription is a very reasonable ammount.

9. Bram

Bram

And with the same engine as rFactor2 it will probably loaded with all those cool features :jessica:

10. w00t bananas!! :D:tongue::michaelbanana

11. Shame they couldn't spell 'Monthly' correctly. Kind of takes the joke away from them!

I'm definitely considering ARCA once I get a wheel, but it is far down in my list of priorities :(

12. Sweet:drool:

13. LOL - so not only did they mis-spell Monthly......

14. Wait, so I bought this about 2 months ago...and a new version is going to be released? Will the COT and Truck series be compatible with the current ARCA SimRacing? Because that's why I bought...

15. Their site doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not the worlds greatest at spelling and grammar but then I'm not running a web-site trying to sell my own racing sim product. The dig at iRacing is unprofessional in my opinion and if you can't sell your product on what it offers and you have to resort to not only saying bad things about a rival product but actually making up silly catagories and also spelling them incorrectly is pretty poor. They claim to be used by more professional's than any other sim yet their testimonials page is empty, they've been around long enough for it not be be 'under construction' so that to me looks poor. iRacing in contrast is spoken about by a wide variety of drivers in the media and testimonials on their site from the very top down to club racing level. Everything looks like its done on a shoe strign budget there. There's no polish and even their 'Techinical Support Forums' (more great spelling there) appear to be run from a basic looking PHP-Nuke external site not of their making. If they can't provide their own customer support should I be buying?

16. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

hmnzzz im already racing iracing so i stick with arca 1 hahhaha

17. Bram

Bram

From my own experience i can say that TSF gives by far the best customer support out there. A personal approach with a high fix rate. Other developers can learn from that.The ARCA vs iRacing comparison seems not so smart to do but doesnt iracing do the same by claiming that they have the best oval simulation?I am more then happy with this new game announced, good for simracing!

18. I'm not sure how moving to an annual subscription base will " allow us to provide a far more intense and populated lobby of races". Surely this will depend on how many customers they can attract and how often and for how long the customers continue to race on-line. I don't see how adopting a subscription will boost the number of customers. Unless they intend to use some of the income to pay people to populate the lobby?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.