Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

3d terrain around track is almost done :) So much work put into it. Hills near by are made by my self. No vegetation yet, will come that too. Pic taken out of turn 9 (Piper corner).
okayama12_1.jpg

I have been working hard on the track as much as I could, there has been done lots of things. What has been finished since last update including most of the 2017 layout and modifications is:
- pit buildings, grand stands (still need some work on these)
- surrounding hills (3d model, nothing yet from google earth) with same look as in reality (at least close to them)
- walls, fences, guard rails
- curbs + new 2017 modifications of them and some stuff around like drains
- parking lots (still missing what is on left side of grand stand)
- brake boards beside track (brake marks still come + ideal line, that come on the end)
- some small work on many things

What is still missing are tire barriers, left side of grand stand + houses, far surrounding (I have made the model, just have to embed into the environment, and some guard rail around parking lots on higher ground around the track. And of course separately working on physical mesh which will be included on the end, and trying to recreate the real track mesh. Will be a bit easier since they have put a complete new tarmac all around the track this year ;) I know I have forgot to mention some things, but no to worry.

Let me show you how it looks today:

Great progress! Hopefully we'll see some 3D grass in the future, it will definitely help in making the track look less flat. :)
So far, the only area I would like to see improved are the hills next to the track, which look a bit too "edgy": it would be great you'll be able to smooth them so they look more rounded on their borders.

Don't you worry about any of these. I said I am doing far hills and will be embed into this scene soon. Hills that are there now are objects made completely by my self, to have a proper near sorrounding slopes. Its not yet possible to recreate as detailed with using google maps for an instance. The biggest challenge will be trees, there are so many. Track is basically in the middle of the jungle. The main concern has to be optimization, so AC trick with no so much 3d trees. Grass comes in the last part, it doesn't represent any bigger challenge, like trees on the other side.
There will come everything, no worries. Just one step at a time.

Last edited:
Nobody didn`t even notice that the penultimate corner (number 12, Mike Knight) is not right. The elevation between corners 11 and 12, and and camber through 12th corner it self were not correct. Some guys from my country noticed that (great eyes, thx for that), when I showed them that replay of beta3.
And I knew from the beginning it will be a huge pain in my ass to fix that. Because there is so many things at that place that needs to be fixed. I had to redo completely everything on that small straight and turn 12 including every object that is there or around it (grass, sand trap, wall, fences, curbs,...). It took me 2 full days for just this small change. But I think it was worth it. You can compare this video with a previous one (from 3m19sec on).
Take a look:

Last edited:
Of course. Working hard on it, now there is countless small things to-do, nevertheless I just got my firstborn child Particija home. She is priority now, but all stays pretty much the same as before.

Congratulations! Similar situation here (but she's a little older now).
I'm sure the track will be fantastic, Grobnik is one of my favourite.

Of course. Working hard on it, now there is countless small things to-do, nevertheless I just got my firstborn child Patricija home. She is priority now, but all stays pretty much the same as before.

Congrats mate, it´s very nice.
Here we have a little girl with 3 years. :)

Just a fast question, it is not a criticism, just a question. :D

I have tested your Automotodrom Grobnik, and man, it is beautiful, very detailed, really impressive, but the only part that is weird for me is the grip, seems a little bit less grip than Kunos original tracks, are you using the same kind of track mesh like Kunos tracks?

Thanks again and congrats about the child and your good track work. :D

Some updates of the track, do you like it? This is a 2017 modifications, which cost me a lot of additional time, but so far only 1st corner is done (from now on will be easier, since I all figured it out how it should be). You can see on the images the run off area is widened with a tarmac + in between there is some concrete drain (these were the major changes for this year in reality).
And btw, the physical mesh is done (wow, so glad :) :) ), spent more than a week for it, studding the real surface and I got some data from track owners, that I could relayed on. And of course tire barriers are done (still need some work on those ones to make them look more real, but so far so good) + some some other things like commercial boards and stands for them, complete fences (lots of different ones), new curbs for 2017, both tunnels and all parking lots and connecting roards, which are btw all driveable ;) and of course a karting track (I intend to include it as seperate track)...
... but there is still no far surrounding, comes in the next phase (so the hills in the distance look a bit odd, yes, not yet done).

1st turn:
ok16_1.jpg

out of 1st corner:
ok16_2.jpg

whole mesh of all the objects done so far:
ok16_3.jpg

Last edited:
New update of the track. Whats been done since last time:
- all tire barriers and concrete walls
- pit buildings and stuff around it
- bridges over the track
- near surrounding terrain including kart track (all is drivable)
- finalizing 2017 modification
- optimized physical mesh
- lots of small details
Now come all the housing all around and finally the far terrain + all vegetation, all in next update

Btw, would you guys like to try it out, to see the progress?
--
Some video of latest version:

And some images:
ok17_1.jpg

ok17_2.jpg
ok17_3.jpg
ok17_4.jpg
ok17_5.jpg
ok17_6.jpg
ok17_7.jpg
ok17_8.jpg

Latest News