Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

I won't have a chance to try the track myself for another month and a half at least, but it's downloaded and awaiting installation. Looks spectacular, absolutely fantastic work!

Thanks for this :)

hgnnAY2.png

8hZHJc5.png

pTQb2Sd.png

Can someone please host with these Super GT cars (personally I hate that slow Mazda, it reminds me too much on iRacing).

Super GT 4 cars mod from, with legendary Supra and NSX can be found HERE.

it appears as if the racing line skid marks are being drawn above both the 'body shadow' and the dynamic one where the 'baked' one almost disappears completely

upload_2017-9-7_2-38-10.png

makes the car look like it's driving through some ground fog

dunno if it is related to the issue discussed a few pages back or not

apart from that ... really amazing work m8

I did a bit of AI tweaking using @Esotic's AI Line Helper app.

The AI lines themselves were very good and very fast, Mitja did a great job there, but the limits and ai_hints.ini were not good. I remade the limits for both the GP and Piper layout, along with accompanying ai_hints.ini. Now AI happily races at 100% strength and 100% aggression on both layouts without much trouble.

While I was at it, I also remade pit lanes for both layouts, making them more in line with the fast lane, and most importantly, fixing the pit lane on Piper layout that was (mistakenly?) just copied from GP.

This area used to be particularly hairy and prone to crashes, managed to bring it in order:
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_okayama_7-9-117-22.jpg

Nice and smooth limits, no swerving on the straight any more:

A bit of funneling going on to prevent stupid overtake attempts:

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PwvY0k3I4MRy1Zcm5jVk9TclE

Last edited:
I did a bit of AI tweaking using @Esotic's AI Line Helper app.

The AI lines themselves were very good and very fast, Mitja did a great job there, but the limits and ai_hints.ini were not good. I remade the limits for both the GP and Piper layout, along with accompanying ai_hints.ini. Now AI happily races at 100% strength and 100% aggression on both layouts without much trouble.

While I was at it, I also remade pit lanes for both layouts, making them more in line with the fast lane, and most importantly, fixing the pit lane on Piper layout that was (mistakenly?) just copied from GP.

I also replaced the lanes with blank ones for drift layout.

This area used to be particularly hairy and prone to crashes, managed to bring it in order:

Nice and smooth limits, no swerving on the straight any more:

A bit of funneling going on to prevent stupid overtake attempts:

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PwvY0k3I4Mb3VyYXB4dDMycUE
do these improvements affect the track cameras ? thanks

I know nothing about how track cameras work or what they depend on. The actual racing line remained the same, I just edited the limits. From a bit of testing I did, all seemed fine. Drift may be screwed since I replaced it with blanks, but I didn't check. In that case, just copy over the files from Piper.

Edit: Yes, the drift was broken, others are fine. I updated the link above, should be good now for future downloads.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years