Okayama International circuit

Tracks Okayama International circuit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Mitja, I have still the same performance issues after the 0.92 update :-(

I tested the track with a mixed field of Kunos cars and switched between Okayama v0.92 and Spa Franchorchamps (Kunos original).

I get on the Kunos track ~60 - 75 FPS and on Okayama with identical settings and identical cars ~ 40 - 50 FPS

I didn't see this performance issue with any other mod track I have tried so far, even really detailed tracks as Riverside, Bridgehamton, Thomson Road, etc run silky smooth as do Kunos original tracks.

Here is a wild thought: When I install 4K mod skins for any car I have severe performance issues. I absolutely must make sure to exclusively use 2K car skins - a single car in teh field with a 4K skin and my FPS stutter severely.

Might it be by any chance that you are using higher resolution textures than Kunos original tracks (the reason I am asking is that the textures do look VERY crisp and detailed all around the track). This may very well be the reason for the issues I am seeing here.
If that could be confirmed as the cause, would you consider a second version of the track with texture resolutions restricted to original Kunos level for smooth online racing and people with lower end machines?

Hey Mitja, I have still the same performance issues after the 0.92 update :-(

I tested the track with a mixed field of Kunos cars and switched between Okayama v0.92 and Spa Franchorchamps (Kunos original).

I get on the Kunos track ~60 - 75 FPS and on Okayama with identical settings and identical cars ~ 40 - 50 FPS

I didn't see this performance issue with any other mod track I have tried so far, even really detailed tracks as Riverside, Bridgehamton, Thomson Road, etc run silky smooth as do Kunos original tracks.

Here is a wild thought: When I install 4K mod skins for any car I have severe performance issues. I absolutely must make sure to exclusively use 2K car skins - a single car in teh field with a 4K skin and my FPS stutter severely.

Might it be by any chance that you are using higher resolution textures than Kunos original tracks (the reason I am asking is that the textures do look VERY crisp and detailed all around the track). This may very well be the reason for the issues I am seeing here.
If that could be confirmed as the cause, would you consider a second version of the track with texture resolutions restricted to original Kunos level for smooth online racing and people with lower end machines?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/okayama-international-circuit.137084/page-2#post-2573082

Could you describe how to do that? I have no idea about this at all.
Does this cause issues for online racing?
Would this be something best left for an alternative version of the track provided in the same download?

Visually, on same level as official tracks. Lots of track details. But performance is not as good as official tracks. Be nice if performance could be optimized.

I have a feeling the tree walls are too dense. Also the visual road has more detail than it needs across the track. Usually you only need one or two subdivisions across the track (some cases none). That and as some have said some of the textures are very big. Otherwise I don't see much else that could cause the performance issues.

I dont use bigger textures then original tracks from Kunos.
@LilSki what do you mean with these subdivisions? And... I split road object (which has texture) only on 2 halfs. Can this be better to divide to pieces?

And about the treeline, its fixed. Will be available with next update.

I dont use bigger textures then original tracks from Kunos.
@LilSki what do you mean with these subdivisions? And... I split road object (which has texture) only on 2 halfs. Can this be better to divide to pieces?
You don't need the edges in red the whole way around the track.
upload_2017-9-11_9-49-26.png

This is all that is needed
upload_2017-9-11_9-50-44.png

Thanks a lot.
Btw, did you know, you can take any car on a tour on all surrounding roads and tunnels, that you see on the whole map of the circuit. Try it.

Ok thanks, I will try it,

I must say after 100 plus laps yesterday my arse is still sore from the long seat time but that just shows how addicted this track is, FANTASTIC!

You must be proud Mitja, good job!

Is it possible to correct a guardrail of a revolver from a hairpin end ?
An image and comparison of 00:05:01 of 2017FIA-F4 JAPANESE CHAMPIONSHIP Rd.1 OKAYAMA
It is the same as a parking lot line
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_11-9-117-14-53-14.jpg
2017-0911-145430(1279x720)1.jpg

While we're at this, can we also hope for some low-poly cars and trucks around the track and in the paddock, the track is a bit of a ghost-town right now? Also, I noticed the spectators aren't facing the camera, that could do fixing as well.

I think some cars and team trucks would make it look a bit more populated and lively, especially with that feature where they can have the matching branding of the cars on track. Not sure I understand what you said about the spectators, but they're definitely not facing the camera. I know it's a bit tricky and you need to define the surface in the camera_facing.ini in order for them to always look at the camera, but I'm sure @LilSki would be a better person to help you on this, and the previous point as well.

I think some cars and team trucks would make it look a bit more populated and lively, especially with that feature where they can have the matching branding of the cars on track. Not sure I understand what you said about the spectators, but they're definitely not facing the camera. I know it's a bit tricky and you need to define the surface in the camera_facing.ini in order for them to always look at the camera, but I'm sure @LilSki would be a better person to help you on this, and the previous point as well.
Camera facing spectators is something really Horrid, so you see spectators looking to the opposite way of the road :D very clever and takes away some FPS

I don`t know what exactly are you reffering to. Can you explain someother way?
thx.
I think he is referring to the guard rail on the left hand side in the picture sweeps around too rounded where it is more parallel to the parking lot. Also in the picture it looks like to parking lot should be elevated a little bit. Not so sunk down in the ground.
That's just my interpretation on what he is trying to say. Personally I wouldn't have notice it. But I just drive and enjoy what I can see from the cockpit. This track is an absolute pleasure to drive, well done.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%