1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok well this is a new one...

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by MrSpikeyness, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Definitely enjoying the game so far, pretty decent improvement on 2011. Certainly not 'glitch' free though.

So there I am, racing at Canada, first season for STR. Rain comes along on lap 4, but the AI continue to drive around so I follow suit. In fact on the first round of stops everyone just switched to primes despite the rain having been visibly falling for around 6 laps by that time. It didn't take effect until lap 14...including rain falling on the cars and DRS being disabled, and it all became a mess. So I restarted, same deal overall with the delayed rain effect, except on the 2nd attempt every car went into the pits end of lap 1, so I carried on and took the lead...and despite the pitting Hamilton was about 5 seconds behind me nearing the end of the second lap...that's one hell of an out lap!!

Anyway, seems a couple of things that need to be cleared up in a patch, especially the rain issue...makes it very hard to make decisions on tyres if the rain effect is delayed. Anyone else had the same issue on career or any other single player mode?

(PS3 version btw)

Edit - Another wet weather funny.. Valencia...weather sunny on all 3 sessions, 0% chance of rain...and it's pouring it down in practice despite blue skies..

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

As much as i love this game, i have to admit that it is absolutely whitewashed with bugs and glitches.
    I dont get why CM can't fix them. They have an entire year with hundreds of people working on the game, surely they can fix most of them.

3. Yeah, I agree with one of the reviews I saw that maybe they need to take a year out and come out with F1 2014 and reaaaally raise the bar and iron out the kinks.