Ok, I messed up my Automobilista

How do I reinstall my Automobilista from this point?
Something went haywire, and I deleted my Automobilista folder thinking I could just verify the files and it should re-install. Now it just says "Update paused"
And it seems to be stuck at this point, do I need to wait on it to re-install or is something I'm missing?

Try download a different game from Steam. If you don't have one you feel comfortable to delete and redownload, then look for something free or really cheap. This will at least figure out if this is a Steam issue or something specific to the AMS files.

Sounds like Windows admin/privileges problem to me. Though having a random half delete of a game probably isn't helping anything. But Steam really should handle that fine if it has permissions, so that's step one; privileges thing. Always the stupidest thing to mention but have you simply tried restarting your PC during all this? Do you have multiple users on the PC, perhaps you're logged in as a standard user? Either way, restart if you haven't. Then if that whole running Steam as admin thing didn't help that was suggested; I'd check the permission on your entire D: drive for anything funky since I see you mentioned the path is on a secondary drive (right click the drive in windows > properties > security tab > advanced). Basically along the lines of what Quicksilver was mentioning but check that the whole drive has full access.

Sounds like Windows admin/privileges problem to me. Though having a random half delete of a game probably isn't helping anything. But Steam really should handle that fine if it has permissions, so that's step one; privileges thing. Always the stupidest thing to mention but have you simply tried restarting your PC during all this? Do you have multiple users on the PC, perhaps you're logged in as a standard user? Either way, restart if you haven't. Then if that whole running Steam as admin thing didn't help that was suggested; I'd check the permission on your entire D: drive for anything funky since I see you mentioned the path is on a secondary drive (right click the drive in windows > properties > security tab > advanced). Basically along the lines of what Quicksilver was mentioning but check that the whole drive has full access.

schiltty, Just restarted and it's downloading.....Opps, now it says "Download paused"
I'll keep you posted and it also says "DISK WRITE ERROR" It's downloading now..I forgot yo disable my Anti virus this time. I think all is good. Thanks to everyone who offered help. This is an amazing forum.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 90 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 64 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years