Ok, I messed up my Automobilista

How do I reinstall my Automobilista from this point?
Something went haywire, and I deleted my Automobilista folder thinking I could just verify the files and it should re-install. Now it just says "Update paused"
And it seems to be stuck at this point, do I need to wait on it to re-install or is something I'm missing?

Have you tried to delete ClientRegistry.blob from Steam installation folder and restart Steam? Note that it asks your password when you restart Steam.

If that doesn't help something in the registry possibly points still to the AMS installation and interfere with the steam update process. Shut down the Steam, clean your registry with some cleaner program, ccleaner is fairly simple to use, and try again.

I've had installation problems before when I've manually deleted some game folders and cleaning registry have fixed them in most cases.

ok this might help.

Step 1)
Navigate your game install then right click and click on properties.

1.png

Step 2) Click on security tab then on edit

2.png

Step 3)
Type everyone then click OK

3.png

Step 4)

Click the checkbox under allow "Full Control" then click apply. (this may take a minute or 2 to finish)

4.png

Step 5)

Disable Anti Virus, open steam then uninstall the game and reinstall it. Hopefull this may work if it is a permissions thing. if it does then simply navigate back to the folder and follow the steps but in step 4 click everyone and click remove then apply to set it back to how it was before.

I had something like this happen when Avira put AMS.exe under quarantine. I ended up having to completely delete the \steamapps\downloading folder and restart my system before Steam could access it again. Plus, of course, disabling Avira during the download.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back