OK, I got Asseto Corsa working. How to proceed?

Hi,

This is not a post to slam AC, im just curious what the fun is in AC further than a few practise laps offline? I really enjoy the F12002 mod car. Is there a league wich uses this car? What car is mostly used in online races? What tracks are needed? And though I see a few open race servers, also a lot of closed ones. Any suggestions? Is the offline career any good? Oh, and are there mods to have a little more telemetry in the hud?

I really am a strictly F1 guy - always have been - and that F12002 car is really sweet.

All help/suggestions are welcome.

But that requires membership right? I like to be as free as possible for now.
Well good luck then in public servers and crashers and spoilers.
For the sake of 0.020 cents per day (what can you buy for that?) this place is a no brainer. Ah well, your choice mate. Good luck. It seems that everyone wants everything for nothing these days.

http://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

The premium is quite affordable, 10€ for a year. To the amount of racing you get here in Race Department is justifiable the amount.

If for now you only want to race without any additional subscription, see the leagues in AC forum: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/online-leagues-championships-room.46/

If you don't find any with F1 2002 there, there will be an RD race with the F1 2002 at Barcelona, in 4 days:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ferrari-f2002-barcelona-moto-sunday-february-14th-2016.117239/

For the sake of 0.020 cents per day (what can you buy for that?) this place is a no brainer. Ah well, your choice mate. Good luck. It seems that everyone wants everything for nothing these days.

If I do one or two races and think its not my thing, thats quite expensive. Evenso, ill go and ponder it since its not a huge amount anyway.

:O_o: The dude said he's new to the game, doesn't know if he's going to like it or not and thus wants to minimize investment for now. Seems a pretty rationale way to approach things IMO, especially since he's mainly interested in a small group of cars. But you jump on his back and immediately accuse him of wanting everything for nothing. Why would someone want to pay to race with people who are going to treat him like that?

If you want to have brilliant racing, racedepartment is a good investment.

The choice is yours, though i think if you are only enjoying assetto corsa's F1 cars their is not much to choose from, so if you dont like it (which is... I never heard of one not liking RD), you "wasted" 10 Euro (which still helped RD). Think of what you can buy for 10 Euro, basically 4 packs of fries at your local snack bar.

On the other hand, you probably will enjoy it and will try out other cars aswell.
The Abarth500 always was kinda boring to me, but then i attended a club racfe with that thing - Resulting in a amazing session of racing.

This is not a post to slam AC, im just curious what the fun is in AC further than a few practise laps offline? I really enjoy the F12002 mod car. Is there a league wich uses this car? What car is mostly used in online races? What tracks are needed?
For the most part GT3 cars are the most popular, tracks can just be picked up as needed. There are some really good mod tracks.

If you go over to the Assetto Corsa forum you'll find loads of posts about clubs running servers and leagues. Generally servers stick to the official content. There are also Aloog servers promoted on the official forum which run minorating, a rating system to weed out wreckers.

I really am a strictly F1 guy - always have been - and that F12002 car is really sweet.
F1 is great and all, but there advantages to racing other types of cars, an F1 car is the apex of racing machines. other cars don't do going fast so well so you need to work harder to get the most out of them. I think that all leads into improving your overall driver skill set. So don't over look the other cars, give them a chance, some of them are just great fun to drive.

Bottom line is though, if you restrict yourself to just F1 cars, and just one F1 mod, your online racing options are going to be limited. I understand not wanting to pay for stuff on the internet because there's always a free version somewhere, but usually the free version requires more work, is less dependable and can get frustrating. At racedepartment you know what you're getting and even with different skill levels, everyone is pretty much on the same page. I also like being able to schedule races, I don't have time to waste trying the unknown.

Assetto Corsa online servers are improving since Minorating was introduced. It's a fairly universally accepted way of keeping the smashers out of race lobbies - even the Kunos servers use it now. Basically if you go around smashing, it won't be long before you can't get into those servers any more.

There are a lot of racing clubs springing up around the place, all with different themes and approaches, most of them are featured in the AC forums, either in Chit Chat or the online competitions forum.

But the bottom line is the public lobbies are much less 'smash 'em up' than they used to be. Just look for servers with something like 'MR-ABCDN' in their server name. Usually if the server doesn't have something like that, it's a free for all.

Relax mate no need to jump on him like that, you are actually scaring people off with your aproach.

@jacktorrance

If u are really looking for f1 only its probably best to go search for a league that runs f1 cars. Public online lobby's mostly run gt3 cars or street cars. If u want to do allot of online racing, i think it would be best to broaden your horizon when it comes to cars.

Relax mate no need to jump on him like that, you are actually scaring people off with your aproach.

@jacktorrance

If u are really looking for f1 only its probably best to go search for a league that runs f1 cars. Public online lobby's mostly run gt3 cars or street cars. If u want to do allot of online racing, i think it would be best to broaden your horizon when it comes to cars.

Thanks, yes apparently its that or nothing. I see there is a GT3 race at Mugello tonight. I hope I can join in and see how that goes.

@jacktorrance

Thanks for the advice. I tested the GT3 cars for a good hour and concluded this class is just not for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back