1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Offline lag with Vista

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I copied this post from RSC! I tried to help the poor guy but it doesnt work. Does anyone here know a solution?

2. I have also Vista 64, but i dont have any issue. I race also with 8800, just the Ultimate version, and also ECCI 6600, so i am quite sure that none of them are the source of the issue....

3. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

How much RAM does he use?

If he uses less then 2 GB ram then he has to disable superfetch in Vista.

This is a service and can be disabled easily.

If you want more support about superfetch just ask me and i will explain it.

4. yes please, what is this?

5. Superfetch:
    Windows SuperFetch enables programs and files to load much faster than they would on Windows XP–based PCs.

When you're not actively using your computer, background tasks—including automatic backup programs and antivirus scans—run when they will least disturb you. These background tasks can take up system memory space that your programs had been using. On Windows XP–based PCs, this can slow progress to a crawl when you attempt to resume work.

SuperFetch monitors which applications you use the most and preloads these into your system memory so they'll be ready when you need them. Windows Vista also runs background programs, like disk defragmenting and Windows Defender, at low priority so that they can do their job but your work always comes first.

Disable Superfetch:
    I dont have Vista, but as far as i know you cannot disable this feature by default.
    Found this application to tweak Vista and disable Superfetch
    Tweaks2k2

Some info about Tweak2k2

PS
    A vista computer should have at least 2 Gb... When i look at the price of DDR2 RAM why not but an additional 2 Gb.. (1x 2Gb = 85 Euro / 2x 1 Gb is 65 Euro)

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Thanks Denn, you explained it ok, there are lots lots of tweaks for Vista, i have a Vista which i can run from a cd.

Here you can read a lot of tweaks to speed up Vista:
    http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2691

Superfetch can be disabled easy. Open the services utility and select the Superfetch service, choose disabled and reboot.

7. thanks for the clarification guys, i hope my 4G will be enough to handle it.

8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Yes 4GB is perfect for it, but you can always experiment with other settings. I like to run as les as possible services when i race.