• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

official WTCC eSports competition using RRE

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Eckhart von Glan, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +690
    check out this: https://www.fiawtcc.com/esports-wtcc/

one of the organizers, Robert Wiesenmüller, is an old RD regular, dunno if he is still active, went by the name of Robbe and was involved in the Race 07 touring car championships we did back in the day. Others on the team may have RD affiliations as well, dunno.
    Format sounds fun, especially their idea of starting grids 2, 3 and 4 at 102%, 104% and 106% of fastets time set respectively, that will give slower chaps a chance (or it might lead to sandbagging big style, let's wait and see.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,722
  3. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +83
    I am hanging in there in Div 4...we'll see what happens! The cars and tracks are free to use during the comp, so at least you can give the WTCC cars a good try, even if you can't make the race..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thomas Wilen

Thomas Wilen

Ratings:
    +6
    Just need to polish away 0.8s or so and I'm in the Div 2 race (not gonna happen :)).

Edit: Managed during the week to polish about .6, and today I had a 37 spot in Div 2 only needing to improve a little bit, and I did manage that, almost, actually improved by .2 and ended up in Div 1:(:). Still happy I'm < 102% at least

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  5. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +83
    Had a better run yesterday...now I'm in the cellar of Div 3. More work required.

6. theblackknikht04

theblackknikht04

Ratings:
    +16
    managed to get in the top half of Division 2.. Damn some of those times are quick!