F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Safety Car

Has anyone seen the safety car? I'm half way through a season in career mode, and I've not seen it at all. There have been crashes, bad weather, everything that would trigger a safety car in real life, but not in the game.

I've got flags & rules on realistic, some aids on (moderate TC, & ABS). Does anyone know what triggers it?

try causing a very big accident in the first corner (not that hard, really). Then the SC will drive 5 laps or so (at least, with me it does in a 50% race), while the debris/carwrecks that made the SC come out are gone within 1-2 laps, they just "disappear"

Please Codies, have marshalls coming on-track to "wipe" the debris, I'd even be happy if I saw them waiting on the side for the cars to.

It deployed in career for me at Catalunya yesterday after a crash in the first turn. I don't think I had anything to do with it ^^. I didn't actually see though, since I was 11th and too far away :/. Oh well, next time I'm off to Monaco. Chances are pretty high to have it again, even though I'll probably be too far away to see it again :(.

Btw: the fact that the tires cooled down instantly with the SC announcement almost made me crash due to the noticably lower grip! :eek:

iv just completed canada on my second season and haven't had a safety car... maybe a couple of yellow flags thats all! i wonder what im doing wrong... settings looks fine with full rules/flags/damage etc ? legend with assists.

Hello people. Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but could somebody clarify whether the SC is available in the on line co-op career mode?? Has anybody ever seen it deployed in this mode?

By the way I play on line co-op career at 50% race distance, with full damage. Are there any other required settings needing to be altered for the SC to be 'enabled'? It is set to enabled in the options.

Thanks.

Thank you!

We've just completed Valencia on our second year career and we haven't seen it once! Last night, on the second lap @ Valencia, my mate totally destroyed his car against one of the walls...no SC. Random!

Woo hoo!! SC deployed at Silverstone last night after my mate destroyed his vehicle in the pit lane! Ha ha!! He had it set to restricted rules and regs D'OH! SC was very jumpy. Pleased I experienced it though.

On another note, my engine sound was non-existent, all I could hear was wind, tyres and other cars, strange. Anybody else experienced this? I also got stuck in the cockpit cam (usually use TV pod) and couldn't change back. Must be a bug.

Cheers all :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years