F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,
I just did a massive crash at China - Wet Carrier Legend mode.Just to see finally this SC which apparently was in option.
I started 11.And just got the 1st curve on full speed with intention to hit the first 7-8 cars.:redface:Like 6-7 cars got involved in the collision. Wings ,tires and parts flying around.A really big mess.But there was no SC at all.There was only yellow flag and Under stewards investigation on screen. Got disqualified after they manage to continue somehow the race.
Was very disappointed about my kamikadze...

Thanks fall guy, yes it is 20%, i tried couple of restarts, had a huge crash in the first sector, debris flying everywhere, but no SC? Wonder if I do need to on any other simulations? Or maybe because it was raining

Can someone please help me?i've been looking everywhere to find where to turn on the safety car but cant find anything...any help please?Thank you!

can someone please reply?

be patient - give people a chance to respond. Your question may not be so important to someone else, and continually asking again and again will put people off helping you. If somebody has an answer, they will post it, but if they dont, asking again and again will not help.

safety car is super bugged. dunno if it's because of the way it limits you or not, also it seems to be really laggy online, I crashed out then spectated my friend in 1st, safety car was mega laggy and jumping everywhere, then it randomly DSQ'd him for hitting the safety car.

The only problem is if you go off the track and it resets you, weird things happen sometimes.

Are you going to slow? its supposed to ghost your car and let others past if you are. if not. bugged.

as far as I've experienced weird things always happen when the safety car is out, no matter what. I dunno if OP was correctly keeping up with the pack but I know how to keep up with the pack and maintain my gap. I always have some kind of issue either AI related or the game's controlling of your car.

maybe a bug,

When the safety car is around, do a overspeeding or something that will make your car "ghost" like then the car behind will pass you and you cannot get your place back again since the automatic system won't let you near them.

example:

1. you at 1st place.
2. do a mistake that will make your car a "ghost"
3. car behind will pass you(you will drop some place..maybe 3rd or 4th).
4. your car is normal again(your in control)
5. notice that you can't get your place back(1st place) because the system wont let you overtake the other car.

lesson is:

Don't make silly mistake or play around that much while behind the SC.

Done a race with a couple other RD members at Singapore last night.

Someone crashed and the SC came out. I was 2nd at the time and while following the SC it did look very laggy.

We had some AI in there, and there were 2 or 3 drivers that got drive thrus for "Overtaking". So yes i do also think theres a bug with the AI.

I also had a drive thru before the SC. I came into the pits as the SC car came in, it went very slowly in the pits and i got DQ'd for hitting it. So top tip there, try not to enter the pits the same time the SC comes in.

Does the Safety Car even come out for 20% length races? 20 races in, never seen one

Playing on 360...

Is it possible I have it disabled on accident? Please don't tell me I have to play 50%+ length to see them. That would be silly. Race incidents should be contextual, regardless of race length.

Anyway, I would expect to see it come out 4-6 times a year, especially in the wet, or tracks like Monaco and Singapore.

Is this true for everyone? If so, I hope they increase the frequency in a patch, I was really happy about this addition.

Well as a console user, I can't even mod haha.

Anyway, Codemasters, please release patch and up the frequency on this. I see no difference in Yellow Flag frequency from 2010 (next to never, at least longer than 2 seconds) and I have yet to see the SC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back