F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Yeah safety car should at least be optional for those who want to have it. However a safety car can also be very very annoying in online races with people that crash out in every corner.

For game play reason I fully understand if they dont include it

It would be a nice addition for the guys that want it in there!! For me i hope if they do add it then as Bram said you need to be able to switch it off,, Ive read on some more forums from guys who claim to be developers themselves, that it must be a coding nightmare, there are to many variables to deal with.

Personaly i dont want it in there, i think there time will be better spent getting the handling right, getting the AI very competative and consistent, Sorting out the god awful penalty system. I have a feeling the safety car wont make it in, if it does and there are game breaking bugs associated with it, i can see it now uproar on the forums. I think they would be best to wait until 2012 for the sc.

CM needs to learn to create game options. Don't implement a standard SC, make it an option for offline and online modes. Failures in all degrees: let people choose which failures to turn on or off. AI difficulty level: make slider from 80 - 120 %.
As soon as CM implements options, F1 2011 will be mine but i doubt it cause the game will probably be a console port for the PC...again.

Hello all, it's my first post in this site

In my opinion, the 2010 was a great upgrade from their last games, but i think it's time for them to do an extra effort and work hard to give us things like the SC, afterall it could be optional and well, in the online mode it wouldn't be that annoying since crashing the car would automatically get out of the race.

But when it comes to the "arcade" part there are crashes anytime from the machine controlled cars, so, instead of removing them from the screen, wich makes it extremly unrealistic, i mean, why bother in get the best graphics and rain effects when cars suddenly disapear? instead, they should put the SC to work and some kind of truck plus a few human pixels removing the car, even if it always takes just 1 or 2 laps, it would be really amazing.
There comes another point where i find them slacking... when you loose a wheel or your back roar.. instead of booting us form the screen.. give us the chance to drive back to the box.. as rules say, you can not continue in the race.. but you gotta stop the car or get it into the box somehow..

Those details might not be that important, but for me they make it lose the realistic feeling they try to give you. Another thing could be the dificulty in the arcane mode, ok, nowdays game companies want to make them so easy that everyone can play their game and so leave the money! but.. hell.. there we are a few old gamers who like it a bit harder.. at least put some kind of %tool for the dificulty you wish to play at :p i don't think it can be that hard to simply improve your rivals speed by 10%, 50% etc.

That's my wall of text, cheers people :)

in all honesty, good. just try and imagine your there wanting to race and your stuck driving at 70 for about 12 laps... will kill the fun and it would get old really quick, especially online with the demolition racers

I agree. It would be fun for a short while.

Thats the whole point it needing to be an option, just like traction control, not everyone uses it. There are a lot of people that like to play for the immersion and a safety car would add to that greatly, it doesn't mean you have to use it. Codemasters really need to add something new to their games, all their racing releases in the past 5 years have pretty much been the same game

They have to bring a new addition every year. This year we have KERS/DRS and better multiplayer. So safety Car will be 2012's attraction maybe?

But in the video, there is indeed a SC period. If you look at the flag control, you can see the 'SC' signs. Also look at when a Renault leaves the pits, there is a convoy ahead ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back