Official Reiza rooms for Public Multiplayer racing

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Some of you might have noticed we have some servers on the lobby running for a few days now - we´re happy to now officially announce they are open for all to come in and race.

There are no fees, no passwords, no restrictions and no sign-ups required - everyone is invited to join in and race whenever they want. Our goal is to stimulate public multiplayer racing by providing a go-to place for online fun with GSCE / FTruck.

Keep in mind what we have now and for the next few weeks is very much an experiment - what develops from this will be subject to what we learn from the experience, user demand & feedback. The more participation there is, the more we will develop it.

As a place intended for casual fun we´re not looking to establish many ground rules - that does not mean however reckless driving standards and general poor behavior will be condoned: rooms will be supervised regularly by Reiza & RD staff and troublemakers will be kicked (or banned altogether).

There can be no shortage of common sense & respect if this is to be a fun place to race. People from all skill levels are welcome, so long as everyone respects each other they should not have a problem co-existing on the same track. If you do not have experience with the car / track selection being used, stay out of people´s ways while you learn your way around; do not join to learn the car or track when it´s already race time.

If this goes well and we manage to build up enough participation, longer term prospects include setting up leaderboards, organizing regular prize-giving competitions and also prizes for participation & safe driving - for that purpose we highly recommend users get into the habit of using their real names or at least stick to the same profile as results will already be logged on the server.

This is how we have it set up:

Room 1 is the Touring / Tintop room: StockV8, Marcas, SuperV8, Metalmoro, Camaro & Mini;

Room 2 is the Formula room: F-Vee, F-3, F-Reiza & F-Extreme;

Room 3 is the Historic room - Opalas, F-Retro, F-Classic & F-V12 running exclusively on historic tracks;

Room 4 is the Karting room - all karting classes running on kart tracks, plus the Superkart running on normal road courses;

Room 5 is Formula Truck room. (Please note: Room 5 requires the steam version of the game)

Right now we have a fixed, week-long schedule in which rooms 1-4 feature 3 daily shifts of 8 hours each, featuring one car class per shift. Room 5 will run exclusively Formula Truck. All rooms will feature a single track selection for each day of the week.

Sessions will stick to a fixed hour schedule comprising of:
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 15 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Race: 20 mins

Driving aids allowed are ABS low / TC low / autoclutch & auto shifting available.

Voting to reset or advance sessions is disabled - it will follow the pre-established schedule.

You can check the full schedule per server here - save for eventual tweaks or additions of new series & tracks, this is what, when and where racing will take place in the coming weeks. So go ahead and book some time for your favorite combos :)

Last but not least, we´d like to thank RaceDepartment, in particular Bram & Dave for their brilliant ongoing support supplying the structure and helping us put this together & offer it to the whole community.

Please concentrate your thoughts, suggestions & feedback regarding this topic in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this escalated quickly....
Discussions like this do not belong in this thread (no, I'm not a mod but I would be surprised if they didn't agreed).
Can we keep it clean and discuss the topic at hand? Namely what we can do for Reiza and what Reiza can do for us to make the official servers a place we all can enjoy and have fun pickup races.

You need to check the server settings, admins.

I'm trying to join official kart server and it says 125c shifter, but when i try to join i can only select direct karts. When the track loads i'm booted. This has happened numerous times already.

It's happening again. Same server. Joined with the direct karts fine about 30min ago.
Now it says Gx390race, but i can only pick direct karts.
Also, it's not 18.00GMT yet (it's 17.45 now), when the GX390RACE is scheduled to start.
Is there a 15min transition period setup or is the timing 15min off ?

update:
It's 18.05 now and still only direct karts to choose from.

Last edited:
That is AWESOME, Reiza! I absolutely love SCE! This is probably the most realistic sim in my extensive library. I live on the U.S. West Coast and I work full time. So often it's hard to find a good clean lobby in most any racing game. I truly do appreciate the your support for your fans that don't have time for leagues and want to get it a few decent races in after work without the tomfoolery of way too many public lobbies.
Thank you graciously.

Still can't access GX390RACE server. It's 20.15 GMT and i can only choose direct karts. I suppose it's not the wrong timing...Can he who's in charge of the servers check the settings, please ?
Something is not set right... It appears to be only the GX Karts that cause isseus.

I joined normally in the Superkarts yesterday and today in the Direct karts.

Last edited:
What is it then ? The mod UI, i'm using ? If i run gsync, i only get UIdata and one realfeel.ini file to download.

Trying to join the shifter karts now. Again only direct karts to choose from.
I also tried joining the other 3 servers and those work fine.

Could someone who is using the rfactor UI try to access the Karts servers and see if you get the same error, please. No matter what kart server i try to access, when i click ''JOIN'', I can only select direct karts. There are no other Karts in the list on the left side to choose from.

Thank you

If you are running into issues that nobody can reproduce, make sure to test with a vanilla game with no mods, add-ons, custom skins or other kind of modifications and see if you have the same issues.

Thx for the reminder. I think you may be right. I have another older V1.20 install and with that one i have all available karts to choose from. I wonder what exactly is causing the conflict...will be tricky to find what it is. Hopefully i can find the culprit. ;)

Server schedule has been updated to include the new Super V8 and Modern Montreal content. The track will run in servers 1 and 2 on Thursday and Sunday respectively. With the SuperV8s running on Wed / Thur / Fri in varying slots.

See the schedule here for full details.

The servers should be up. Have you made sure your firewall/antivirus aren't blocking the game's internet access?

Thanks that was it, it was working when I first installed it.
In all my decades with computers I've never had to do that to get a program to work so it wasn't something I was expecting even though I'd tought about it and dismissed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%