Official Assetto Corsa modding support via Skype!

Aristotelis

Kunos Simulazioni
We have many people asking Luca to become testers. This is NOT what Luca can answer and it is disturbing and time wasting. I this continues we will stop this kind of support

We hope that you guys will Spread the word and take care of abusers.

Thank you

-------------------------------------------

Hey Modders, thank you for trying to enhance the AC experience!
We are now able to support you more directly and guide you better on your initial work for AC.

Here's the deal.
Our 3D vehicle lead artist has some free time (?) during the day and is dedicating this to you.
He hates writing on forums, emails, pms etc, so I will give you his skype handle and you are free to contact him for voice chat, whenever you want.

IMPORTANT
I really really ask you kindly to get organised, gather multiple relevant questions and ask them once at a time, here's a proposal on how to do this:
- Discuss your doubts, problems and projects here in the forums.
- Gather your questions.
- Decide which one of you will talk directly with Luca
- Call him on Skype for a voice chat and have fun ;)
- Repeat and don't be afraid if he can't always reply. The actual game comes always first of course.

Also, Luca will reply as many of your questions as possible, except the ones that can't reply because of NDA, Licensing, or other professionally related reasons. I hope you understand.

Here you go, take it easy!
Luca skype handle: lucamir
skype nickname: mannaggia!

Oh, and I've got a question - I'm not a modder obviously but this is the thing that is interesting me...

Will it be possible to choose RWD, FWD and ADW types of drive?
And in case of 4WD will it be possible to model changable torque distribution? Let's say we start with 30% front and 70% rear but in case of lose of grip (slide, weather conditions etc.) it can change fluently to 50/50%?

Hey Guys,

Kunos recently made a great gesture to the modding community by offering official modding support via Skype as you can read here.

As you all know Kunos are with a small team working on Assetto Corsa and like you they want to release their game as quickly as possible. For that you need apart from sheer dedication also the time and room to concentrate and focus on the development.

Unfortunately it seems that some users didn't understand the message that Kunos was sending: offering support on modding and keep using the offered Skype opportunity to ask the same repeating questions if they can join the beta and all other kind of questions that are off-topic. This is not what the service was offered for.

To those: please stop distracting the dev team with irrelevant questions. Lets be happy we now have an outlet for direct modding questions, something that has never been offered before by a development team via Skype. Please use only if you need help with modding for other questions use the forum, not their Skype line.

Thank you.

Question about programming:
I've read that there is gonna be a possibility to add plugins via Pearl scripts
is it gonna be already linked with directx so exemple I want to show certain data onto the game screen will that be possible out of the box or do we need to program like an extra layer that hacks into directx to make it happen? and same question for the game data, trigger events
Will there be some code examples released?

thanks

You can write plugins with Python and/or C++ or C# can't remember exactly.
You don't need directX hacks to make extra layers, the thing is programmed to let you write whatever app you want in the screen.

Not sure yet about trigging effects. I think the plugins are one way only. Means you get info and you write things on screen, but not changing inputs and game values (you know for cheat reasons). More info on this later.

There are going to be hello world examples as well as a couple of more complex examples.

Question: Will it be possible to create an app that lets you watch a real time replay while you drive the car? Lets say you drag a window to the corner of your screen that shows a TV camera replay? thanks for all the great information.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%