Official Assetto Corsa modding support via Skype!

Aristotelis

Kunos Simulazioni
We have many people asking Luca to become testers. This is NOT what Luca can answer and it is disturbing and time wasting. I this continues we will stop this kind of support

We hope that you guys will Spread the word and take care of abusers.

Thank you

-------------------------------------------

Hey Modders, thank you for trying to enhance the AC experience!
We are now able to support you more directly and guide you better on your initial work for AC.

Here's the deal.
Our 3D vehicle lead artist has some free time (?) during the day and is dedicating this to you.
He hates writing on forums, emails, pms etc, so I will give you his skype handle and you are free to contact him for voice chat, whenever you want.

IMPORTANT
I really really ask you kindly to get organised, gather multiple relevant questions and ask them once at a time, here's a proposal on how to do this:
- Discuss your doubts, problems and projects here in the forums.
- Gather your questions.
- Decide which one of you will talk directly with Luca
- Call him on Skype for a voice chat and have fun ;)
- Repeat and don't be afraid if he can't always reply. The actual game comes always first of course.

Also, Luca will reply as many of your questions as possible, except the ones that can't reply because of NDA, Licensing, or other professionally related reasons. I hope you understand.

Here you go, take it easy!
Luca skype handle: lucamir
skype nickname: mannaggia!

1. What kind of info do we need to gather to be able to build a tire (physics)

2. Will there be some sort of premodeled tire "bank"?

3. Would it be possible to have a tool for building tires with slider or percentage inputs like: street/semi slick/slick/endurance slick tire, dimensions, soft/med/hard rubber compound, soft/med/hard/etc sidewall, and whatnot..

The tire building tool came to mind because when the basic physical model of the tire is properly done, then for us modders the thing thats left is to choose from the correct variables to fit the mod. This way somesort of driving standard could be achieved and the quality of tires would stay in some limits.

I believe this is only to talk about 3d stuff, no? But not about the physics engine and so.
I guess it's about things that we can work on before the release, but it can be good to know how we can work about the physics even they said it's made to be just a "put the right value" and it will work. I am sure there is still some interesting questions about physics :)

haha, great, but only if you promis to make a cartoon that goes with the recording xD xD xD

NO WAY!!! :D

weimaraner
I am not the BMW fan that people think I am, but about cars from 30' until 60' years, I am utterly huge liker !!!

- LFS for example had visually flexible tires, which puts some demands on modeling. Are there parts that can move/deform in AC and need to be modeled & exported specially?

They said that there will be no visually flexible tires, only physically does. Visually, tire go a little bit into the asphalt and it look like flexible.

Maybe still hard to see on this video :

@2CV SUPER GT

I know what you mean, but remember cars from that era ('30 - '60) are groundbreaking of design, whatever manufacturer it was, all these soul cars be worth to take place in a great sim like assetto corsa. I'm not a big fan of BMW, too, but some old and new models I like very well.

PS: Can't prevent myself to post another render! huuu
attachment.php

...will it be possible (and easy to do), to port BTB tracks to Assetto Corsa?

It has been already said that you will be able to import .fbx model to their own dev tool (probably for setting shaders or ai paths, I'm looking forward to finding more about that ). Now BTB is a third party software for modelling, you could make a track in BTB, port it to some modeling program and convert it to .fbx But I hope that BTB developer will make an AC friendly version as soon as it's out =)

I believe this is only to talk about 3d stuff, no? But not about the physics engine and so.

yes, but you didn't take into consideration that Italians are talkative =), so who knows what we could find out ;) I'll try touching all the subjects, but will focus on the modding system.. That is... Until Aris goes all like "enough.. no more leaking information!" ;)

One of the things I want to ask that nobody mentioned yet is security, aka "will every fool be able to extract my model from the mod??"

Hmm... I thought about asking about security, but then I remembered it is really difficult to keep files locked (maybe even impossible) to people who want to extract the stuff without permission, someone always find a way... :cautious:

Hmm... I thought about asking about security, but then I remembered it is really difficult to keep files locked (maybe even impossible) to people who want to extract the stuff without permission, someone always find a way... :cautious:

Of course it's impossible, I know that everything can be broken into and unpacked... But it is very important for me that that first wall exists so not just anybody can scale it. Most of the people ("fools"/"kids") who want the models or data get bored if they see that it's "too complicated" +EDIT: not to mention your mods get modified because just someone didn't like "how it handles", so in the process ruined something else.. (for example increased grip on tires, but now it overheats after a lap... happens all the time in rf1)

Great news Aristotelis,thanks for offering support.
@ weimaraner, great work!

I will post my questions here

Will there be a tutorial regarding rigging suspension system?
Other moving parts like cockpit cables possible?

Maximum polycount a single object can have?

Will there be any damage model?, if yes will it behave like having only some visual model deformation and removable parts
or it will be closer to forza ( I think at least the older releases had predefined damage levels).

Is it possible to create and rig a new driver or pitcrew animation to suit the car.
Driver change?

Ever tested to see if a relatively high poly automobile
can be used in game, are there any other consequences
other than performance hit?

At least for the GT500 cars I would like to have such detail ingame,even if the only thing
possible to do is time attack

Of course lods are planned as well.
toyota_supra_gt_2006_rev_233b_d.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years