F1 2011 Official AI Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Playing on Legend @ monza and the AI just won't overtake you no matter what, they will get a good run on you going into certainturns but will instead decide to just stay behind you for the entire race. It's bizarre. Had similar issues on other tracks, they just won't overtake you unless you make some major error. It kinda ruins the offline portion of this game.

I'd say qualifying times are still fake, a wet monaco saw me struggling to qualify as the AI pole was 1:14.9 in the rain on inters, yet in the race I was considerably faster than the AI who were slow. In the qualifying sessions i often pass the AI, especially in the rain but yet they still seem to put in fast times.

Seems obvious to me that the AI qualifying times are faked, not the race.

Depends on what you call fake. The times when calculated (i.e. not in direct view of you) are still just calculated or "simulated", but then that would always be the case. The calculation still depends on very few variables though (essentially just two, a performance variable for the team and one for the driver).

Not at my machine to check this out, however, the problem in 2010 was that times were scripted as it was an easy way to ensure consistent AI times based on payer settings.

Anyway, onto my point, has anyone tried several races at the same circuit, what you are looking at, is the time posted for each position, (forget the driver). Check to ensure the same time is not being posted each run through, it will be close and one or two will very likely match, what you don't want to see is the same time for each position each time it is run.

They HAVE TO be fake. In Malaysia with fuel sim OFF PP was 1:33.9. Lap times in race was 1:31.2. I decided to play with fuel sim ON, but AI set legend in qualifying and profesional in race.

Sorry, but this proves nothing, as you do laps with fuel sim on, cars gets lighter and times get faster, or I misunderstand what it is you are trying to say.

AI time scripted again?

I was playing my first career qualy today. I choice flying lap and my car (Williams) was just behind Alonso. I slowed down and let 3 or 4 seconds betwen the cars. During the flying lap i was much faster than Alonso and at the last corner i overtake him. When i crossed the line my time was 1.28.5. Alonso lap was 1.26.9???? Oh no !

Im struggling in rain too, but slowly getting better :)

As for the AI times, in qualy i was following a Alonso too, he didnt have a time posted, was at valencia, and his qualy time came up before the last corner...... so hadnt actually completed the lap but yet it came up

Oddly no ones said anything about Online. AI online is CRAZY aggressive. maybe that has to do with setting car performance to equal tho.

but yea online "bot" AI is nothing like career for some reason, but it's not like they set awesome times or anything, i easily out pace them on almost every track even on Legend difficulty, but they'll consistently ram/spin you if you brake to long and leave the turn open for them to charge in. It's like they designed the online AI to race like every ramming kid that I hate. that or forcing the AI offline has unintended results. i've noticed that they'll completely shove you off the track in a straight away though, trying to be defensive. and they'll also swerve back and forth if they're 2 wide, like they can't figure out how to race side by side. it's not only annoying at points it's downright wacky. some of their moves make no sense at all.

AI - Monte Carlo

Anyone notice the AI are considerably slower on this track?

Running Legend AI - Fuel Sim on , Tyre wear on and all assists off , I posted a 1:14:457 in p1 (Can easily hit 1:13's me thinks) but with the 1:14 time I was able to finish 8th in p1 a clear 4+ seconds ahead of my team mate Trulli and the other lesser teams and only 0.7s off 1st.

On the flip side it may give me a chance of some points, but when i'm driving a Lotus I don't expect to be finishing any higher than 19th and it kinda takes away the satisfaction of earning the points..

yeah i got a easy win on Monaco in my Williams, quali time was a 1:11.:0**

Didnt even need to push during the race, pulled out 10 seconds on vettel in the first 3 laps so just kept it on lean fuel mix and strolled to victory, didnt really feel as satisfying as it probably should be racing in Monaco

sad. this was imo the one huge deal braking issue with f1 2010. career gets pretty stupid once you are always easily winning in some tracks and always losing in some others. is it that difficult to balance ai so they're always in the same pace regardless of the track? i loved the game, it's beautiful, handles well, had a hell of fun in a 100% race in melbourne... until light rain started at the middle of the race and ai was suddenly light-years faster than me. much to my dismay, i have decided that i would only play with dry weather to avoid this imbalance, and now you guys tell me that it also happens track to track.... again... OH.. MY.. GOD..

thank you for not letting me lose more time with this, it's pointless playing career if that's the way it works. like nitecom said, you win but you get no satisfacion of it, just like what happened last year at so many tracks (istanbul, montreal, spa, monza...)

i wouldn't be this angry if the game wasn't good. i love f1, i waited so many years for decent official f1 games. and we definitely would have one now if it wasn't for this. the game is brilliant, but ai inconsistent pace ruins everything else for anyone who wants to play carrer mode.

meh, enough melodramatic rant. fifa 12 is coming. and i have an iracing subscription, so life is still wonderful :)

good bye, f1 2011. hope you give us a better experience next year.

yeah the AI is incredible fast in the rain
on sepang i qualified 6th in dry conditions so i tought hell yeah this one is gonna be in my pocket
continued to the race..F## it rains...
everytime i have to feather the throttle to not spin off the track
the AI is completely reffing out the engine i finnished 22th the other two behind me did not finnish :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%