F1 2011 Official 11/11 spring thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Richard Knight

GP2 - No.1 Virgin
Every game has it's flaws, 2010 was great, bugs and all but this major bug ruins it for me. Xbox league on hold for fix.
Please send a message to Coddies and complain! Please add any links you can, thanks

12/10/11 Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this topic! Okay, so this is not a bug! Check out John Robertsons post below, I think this sums it up nicely. We will be starting the Xbox leagues on the 20th Nov with a limit of 9/9 spring settings. As John says "we want our lap times to be a little more realistic". Hopefully CM will fix this physics flaw in the next patch (but don't hold your breath lol)

<removed the links>

"no it's not a bug, it's a flaw in the physics that codemasters used.

setting higher springs should make the car more responsive, less resistant to body roll, reduce cornering grip and traction, and increase tire wear

for some reason it doesn't work like that, it does make the car more responsive and roll resistant, but it actually increases grip and traction, and doesn't seem to have an effect on tire wear.

It's not correct, even within the game, as they've listed set up tips in the game based on real life, but following these directions to help your set up won't work.

It's up to you what you do with that info, I personally don't set my springs higher than 7/7 now and the league I race in follows that rule as well, but if you're trying to go as fast as the game will allow you to go then you've gotta set it at 11/11

The problem people have with it is that it's not remotely based on real life, and gives you an unreal amount of grip. the reason my league has capped it at 7/7 is because we want our lap times to be a little more realistic. doing 1:20's at singapore is just absurd xD"
John Robertson

I don't think that the two issues are mutually exclusive.
If you race online you do it by the rules of the league or you cheat everyone including yourself.
In that sense getting back to my point your particular online tribe is then either in camp a) or camp b).

I agree with your point, whats the point in bying a game that creates good physics and then turning them off.

Assists wise they are a great training aid but like my daughters trainer wheels on he bicycle they need to eventually come off to get the full benefit.

Patch 2 announced to fix this bug! No date yet but expect it very soon. Those that have been using it will find they now have to start from scratch having gotten used to the extra grip afforded by the bug... haha
Think we can now close this thread?

Patch 2 announced to fix this bug! No date yet but expect it very soon. Those that have been using it will find they now have to start from scratch having gotten used to the extra grip afforded by the bug... haha
Think we can now close this thread?
Thanks for the warning but we used 11/11 anticipating the patch too. How long does it take you to adapt from dry track to a wet track which provides drastically less grip? Less than 1 lap for me. Start from scratch? Of course... lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back