F1 2017 Offers only from TOP teams bug? (Career)

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, i have a weird problem in my career. I have finished my first season with Sauber. I have finished 8th in constructors and 13th among drivers. Most interested in me were Haas, Mclaren and Williams, but after the last race i got the offers and they were from Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. The top teams that were least interested in me according to the ingame graph.
Is it a bug? Is it normal? Whats the point of the "team interest" feature if it doesnt have any meaning?
I wanted to stay one more season in Sauber so now it doesnt matter, but since you cannot get worse offers in this game than previous season it means that i will get the three top teams each time and it will ruin the career because i dont want to race with the top teams so fast :(
Anybody with the same issues? thanks

Build up the Sauber into a car as strong as it will get over a few seasons and then go to a top team . I can understand you not going to one of them because the pressure to perform can be too high compared to a low team . So better to build up your current team if youre not confident and then go to Merc or whatever once you feel confident enough to regularly beat Hamilton , Vettel and company .

It is not about lack of confidence. When i play career mode games i like to progress gradually and slowly but i dont want to stay in one team for the whole career. So i like to do 1-2 season in a worst team and then go to slightly better team like renault or haas, and then force india or red bull and finally at the end of the career to some top team. Now it is not possible because of some weird bug. ANd if this is not a bug, then i dont understand why the "other teams interest" feature is in the game, when you get offers from teams that have the lowest interest in you.

I dont know how else to say this. I know you want to help but do you even have the game? What offers you get is supposed to be based on how are other teams interested in you based on your performances in Q and Races. This is indicated by the new feature that is in F1 2017 called "other teams interest" which show how much some team wants you. it updates itself regularly and three teams that are most interested in you should give you offers mid season and at the end of the season.
In the middle of my first season 3 most interested teams in me were renault, haas and mclaren and i've got offers from renault, haas and mclaren.
At the end of the season 3 most interested teams in me were Haas, Williams and Mclaren, but i got offers from Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes! This is simply ridiculous.

Hey, I have had similar "issues" and I totally agree, why have the feature if it's so unrelated to the offers you receive. However, I will say this; If you ignore the graph and most interested teams thing altogether, the contract offers seem to be very well worked. For example, in my season one I raced with haas and out-performed Grosjean, 120 points to 80 points. That's good, but not good enough for the top teams to go crazy over me, so at the end of the season I received offers from Renault, Toro Rosso, and McLaren. I picked Renault to spice things up and in the hope that running in a factory team may help me get spotted. 2/3 of the way through season 2 I receive an offer from MERCEDES to swap to them mid-season. I wasn't doing amazingly, in fact only a few points ahead of the Hulk but was proving myself a solid driver. I refused, hoping to move at the end of the season instead but my rep with them dropped massively. At the end of the season I got offers from Red Bull (affiliated), Williams and I think Force India. My progression has been very natural and realistic, gotta admit it..!

I think it's just that if a Sauber driver carries the worst team up to 8th in the constructors then they're clearly a superstar (at your given difficulty) and naturally the top teams will want to sign you :) Ignore the "most interested" feature entirely and you will see a very realistic experience :)

So it is possible that i will get different offers next time? Because in F1 2016 once you get offer from some team, you would then never get offer from team that is worse then the team that made you offer. I a way it get locked. So when you get to the part that you got offers from mercedes, ferrari, that was it. From there you would only get offers from mercedes and ferrari. So i hope that it is different in F1 2017 and next time i get offers they will be from worse teams.

I'm not sure about that, maybe my one-off from Mercedes was just because they were desperate to replace Bottas (who wouldn't be) and so came to me. To be honest I would say increase your difficulty... You should not be carrying the worst team so hard, so if you want 'realistic' offers then race at a realistic difficulty. Works for me :)

i am doing it for lets play on youtube and i have only time for 4 seasons in each F1 title every year, so i have to make compromise betweem difficulty, realism and fun fuctor for my viewers. It wouldn't be exactly that great to be last in each race for 4 seasons just to make it realistic. And i still think it is a bug. I ve read comments from lot of people on steam, reddit etc and i havent heard about anyone having the same problem no matter the difficulty they choose.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%