Odd Wall texture Issue

Last night I was working on some improved wall textures for my track.

To date in building my track my walls have basically all been made with the default texture.
I worked up a new texture for the walls and wanted to add same to all the walls on the track.

I began with the first wall and began replacing the default texture with my new one.
No issues at first.

Oddly after replacing the first 15-20 seperate walls the program began to be non responsive to my highlight and replace texture request.

When I then went back to the first 20 or so that had worked correctly either a) the texture had reverted to the original default texture or b) the new texture I had added in was only present on a half or a third of the wall- the rest had the old original default texture...

Am thinking I might have to delete my walls and replace them all with new ones- a lot of work but it seems I would have no other choice if I want the better textures present.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any ideas why this would happen?

PS- I have been working on the track for over a year and this has never happened.

If you have material cross-sections within some wall, it's obvious that if you add a new material to the beginning, the rest of the wall will have the old material. You can check this easily by leaving visible just walls, switching to polygon view and go to material cross-sections mode. "Active" part of the wall after clicking it will by coloured red by default.

Noted. And it is happening with walls where I have yet to add any cross sections. That is why it seems so odd. Also noted the texture length selector began to freeze up... Weird. Perhaps I changed too many walls to quickly? I've also just begun to get the "cars drive through some walls issue..." I might be time to relay my walls altogether. Thanks for writing back.

I've also just begun to get the "cars drive through some walls issue..."
Maybe the back side of material is faced to the track. Try to move (Wall shape edit window) the bottom point to the place of top one and vice versa.
The rest is strange indeed. I've never had problem like that... BTB does mysterious things sometimes yet.

I just redid the walls altogether and also the corridors.
The textures are what I wanted and it all seems to be working fine now on the "drive through issue"....

Found as you get better at BTB what use to take you days (making, placing and aligning walls) takes 20 minutes or so for the same track a year later. Issue closed. Thanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%