Oculus touch users?

With the recent price drop from Oculus, I just purchased the touch controllers to go with my CV1.
I haven't received it yet, but checking out the installation vids, it looks like it is a bit of a case of either the "room scale" or normal sit down mode. I have just enough space beside my rig for room scale, but Its primary use is for sim racing. Just wanting to hear about anyone experience using the room scale configuration with their sim rig.

Thanks in advance

I am in a very similar position to you, i am collecting my touch controllers this evening. I am hopeful the tracking for sim racing will be ok while the sensors are set up on the walls for "room scale". One thing i hope i have in my favour is that i am simply putting guitar wall hangers on my walls, and turning the sensor upside down to hang them from those. That means although slightly annoying if i cant leave them up for racing you only have to grab one and stick it back on the desk in front of me. Thats the plan anyway!!

Upvote 0
I look forward to hearing how this works it works out for you. I picked up a couple of cctv camera mounting bracket to use with this, and hopefully will receive both the mounts and the touch controllers for this weekends installation.

Upvote 0
It "should" be ok. I have touch controllers, and move pc downstairs to use them, and upstairs for sim racing.

I have no problems and have always had good tracking experimental room scale with just 2 cameras. I also don't need to re-run setup every time like a lot of people claim you need to do.

The camera used in my sim rig, has been in several different positions, near, far, to the side of my seating position, and as long as it has a line of sight to the hmd, it has worked flawlessly.

Good luck with it - and make sure you get Robo Recall ;)

Upvote 0
Evening all, i am very happy to report that i have my 2 sensors up on the wall as mentioned, my racing rig sits very close to the wall and off center much closer to one than the other. i was a bit concerned when putting it together that it may all be too close etc. However having just tried it out it worked perfectly!! No need to recenter or re set the sensors at all. Hopefully yours will be the same rkives! I am off to spend some time with the mistress....Namely robo recall and sports bar vr(pool mainly) :roflmao::roflmao:

Upvote 0
I'm using a three sensor set-up. My computer desk and sim rig are along one wall of the room. I've roughly a 2m x 2.5m area for 360° experience with the Rift & Touch.

Two of the sensors cover all of the room [opposing corners], which is enough for the desk and sim rig. I only connect the third sensor when I'm doing a 360° standing experience, this gives less occlusion of the Touch controllers.

Robo Recall is a fantastic game! Raw Data, Sairento VR and Arizona Sunshine are worth trying also...

Upvote 0
So guys have these coming, best experiences with them?
I know some are maybe obvious but anyone want to share explaining a bit more the interaction and immersion.

Upvote 0
Google earth really made me smile. Ping pong eleven vr (table tennis) is fantastic, and I am a sucker for the golf club vr. Not a perfect experience, and definitely not without its quirks, but for me it's great fun. Nothing to do with touch, but I have pumped a good few hours into header vr, again, great fun.

Upvote 0
Got mine and enjoying, trying whats free first with games and experiences (some mentioned above).
Thanks for the help and recommendations. Rather impression indeed.

I have an issue with some titles not loading, not sure what has caused it.
As today I did update my Geforce drivers, had my Oculus re-installed and games now installing to a new USB 3 / 1TB Firecuda Drive.

Titles (that I know of not loading), crash instant or a few seconds in trying to load are:
ISS
First Contact
Lucky Tail
Oculus Dream Deck

Curious if it's with the USB3, the new drivers or something else.

Upvote 0
One sensor comes with the Rift, an extra sensor comes with Touch. If you purchase the Rift & Touch together, you get two sensors. Extra's can be bought separately.

I use three sensors for 360° experiences, two sensors when using my race rig. I tried Raw Data, Eleven: Table Tennis VR and Racket NX with just two sensors, and kept loosing tracking on one or both Touch controllers as I moved about. Adding the third sensor solved my problems, and means not having to change my setup for different experiences.

@Mr Latte ... might be something else, if it's the USB, you'd normally get a warning in the Oculus Home app. I've not used my Rift in a few days, but got a software update a day or two ago (1.14). It's now telling me to setup my Rift again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks got my issue sorted by going to the installer, then selecting "Repair"
Got back Oculus Home and all seems fine after some of the titles installed/updated

Id be tempted by a 3rd Sensor

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%