Oculus support + driver animations

Hello,

Does anyone knows about oculus/vive support? I've read Reiza's boss interview (by RD) , he logically said that it was not a priority because of no existing commercial hardware yet.

Now these supports are (almost) and I cannot find any more info.

Also, playing VR is fully immersive when driver model and arms can be seen inside the car. You modders know if this feature gonna be implemented in AMS, is it possible using ISI gmotor?

Thanks in advance.

LFS as iRacing and R3E are all DX9 and have all a good oculus support, but only for oldest runtime versions (0.6, 0.8 etc). But I've read somewhere that oculus won't support anymore DX9 in CV1 version.

This means oculus support can only be maintened for DX9 sims by using DK2 and oldest runtime softs.

Maybe someone knows if it'll be possible to run CV1 hardware with oldest runtimes or are they imcompatible because of hardware evolution (i mean different head tracking, screen resolution, etc)?
DX9 support was dropped in the Runtime long ago and LFS works with the latest runtime; it takes a bit of work for the developer but, it's doable by utilizing a work-around. Scawen has been pursuing getting SDK1.0 from Oculus but, I haven't heard if he was successful in getting LFS approved as a Rift Launch title or not.

Oculus have stated that any game that runs with Runtime 0.7.0 or later will be able to work with SDK1.0 with some updates to implement some new features.

iRacing was planning on updating the graphics engine before VR was a significant factor anyway; it's the ideal time to implement improved VR support.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%