1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by hape, Jul 14, 2017.

1. hape

hape
    Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    hi folks
    so the Oculus Rift is at 449€ in Germany (and i think they lowered the price worldwide). So my question: is there any new tutorial for this hardware for AC (setup, dos&don'ts etc) or any other recommandations what i should look at before i decide to buy this (not too cheap) hardware? I would do it mainly for Assetto Corsa but if there are also other nice things i will also look at this.
    thx for helping and excuse my bad english
    hape

2. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
  3. Dave_6

Dave_6
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    I bought one yesterday but didn't have much time to mess with it. The one time I tried AC with it I couldn't get it to work and in iRacing the camera was way out of place.

4. burrito

burrito
    It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Premium

Ratings:
    +389
    I always have to "reset" my camera position once I setup and go in car in iR.

You can bind it to a button in iR.

5. Dave_6

Dave_6
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    Thanks. It was too late and I just didn't have the proper time to mess with it. I also didn't see any VR specific controls/settings in iR either unless I was overlooking it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hape

hape
    Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    thx for answering. I have a GTX1070 with a I7 4790K in combination. So i hope this will do it.
    Do you had sickniss with the VR or not?
    hape

7. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Looks like i might need to upgrade my i5-4670k to the i7-4790. I did first time, but I think it was because I tried the roller coaster demo, w/c I regret. I dont think its much though with AC.

8. burrito

burrito
    It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Premium

Ratings:
    +389
    Can't remember where it is but it's definitely there. I have it set to "=" and then use voice control to activate that. So I haven't had a need to change them for a long time. Try the controls tab in settings and scroll down (maybe).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +562
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +562
    Oops, quoted my own post:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:..........Blond Moment!!!

11. hape

hape
    Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    thx for this good hint
    hape