Oculus Rift touch for dummies....

So, by next Wednesday i should have my new computer and Oculus Rift. I'll probably pretty much only use it for sim racing. Any of the setup videos i saw were for standing and playing other VR games. What's the best way to set up a rift for driving race sims?

Not much to it. I run Assetto Corsa so can only speak on that.

Go through the rift setup. Position sensors so they can see the seat without obstruction.

In game pick oculus rift as your output. Adjust video settings; AA, post processing, world detail etc for align performance to your PC power.

If you run content manager set supersampling up to get better PQ but it’ll need GPU power to do it without impacting frame rate. 1.3-1.5is a good sweet spot.

Upvote 0
The setup is really straight forward for Racing Sims. Just follow the Oculus initial setup through their software and you'll be up and running in no time.

Things you should considering downloading.

- Content Manager for Assetto Corsa (allows you to free up more resources for higher graphic settings)
- Oculus Tray tools (Use the visual HUD: Performance to see how what your FPS are)
- Test, test and test some more until you get a balance between performance and visuals.

Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa are what I generally race with. Having a huge preference to Assetto Corsa. For AC, I would test with the OEM cars first to get a baseline and then you can tweak with modded vehicles and tracks as they will have an impact on performance or can that is.

Race Sim Studio Cars that I loaded give a dip in FPS. Most of my settings are on High, but if you like I can share my settings based off my specs if you want an idea.

I personally do not like being in Asynchronous Spacewarp ASW as it fills the frames for any that were drop to maintain a level of play-ability. I'd rather have settings a bit lower to maintain a 90FPS as you can have longer sessions and won't feel nausea or at least less prone. This of course is subjective to the individuals.

lastly have fun and remember to listen to what your body is telling you otherwise you can get very sick, very quickly and that'll ruin your day.

Upvote 0
I should be ok PC wise, here are my specs.
Intel i7 7700 4-core CPU @3.6Ghz
MSI Z-H270-A Pro Gaming MB s1151
16GB DDR4 Memory PC-4-1700 22133MHz
2TB SAT A3 6.0 Gb/s HD
nVidia 1070 Tiq 8gb

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%