Oculus Rift Sale

Gday all, I recently took the plunge and ordered the Rift to take advantage of the price drop, but it would seem there's issues meeting demand. I ordered mine over a week ago, but Oculus have still not processed my order, I'm in Australia, not that it should make a difference.

This delay has left me wondering if I will even get my order by the months end, as I was expecting. Whats more annoying is Ive had NO correspondence from Oculus regarding delays. If there is a problem meeting demand surely good business practice would be to alert potential customers of the problem, instead of leaving them hanging.

A friend recently told me there's other customers that ordered two weeks ago and have not had their order processed, was wondering if, and, how many here at RD are experiencing the same.

Cheers

@Terry Rock
It would seem Australia has no agent/partner, so I'm compelled to go through Oculus, the only other option is E-bay AU but the prices don't coincide with the summer sale, so I would be paying full price close to $900Au, sale price depending on exchange rates is around $570Aud direct from Oculus.

Upvote 0
As I suspected Oculus are struggling to meet demand from the summer sale, I received an email after contacting them regards the delay, and it will be mid August at best before they could fill my order, this will make it a month from placing the order to potentially receiving it

So I would advise any prospective buyers to go through on agent or retailer, if you want to receive the rift bundle within a reasonable time frame, as I am about to do, Oculus are happy to cancel my order so I can purchase via an agent in the USA.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 330 28.1%