PC1 Oculus Rift jitter

I'm not sure I can get any help here but it's worth a try. I've looked all over the net to find an answer to this but haven't been able to find anything. I just tried PC for the first time with my cv1 and I am very disappointed. Especially with all the reviews I've been hearing about how smooth and gorgeous this game is on the Rift. No matter what settings I try, turning everything down to the absolute minimum, I get jitter when moving my head side to side or front to back. I cannot find an answer to this and am getting very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated

My first impression: FPS too low and/or the Rift's tracking camera too close.
Sorry I forgot to add that info. Just too frustrated to mess with it anymore. I'm running a 980 to, and the camera is about 3 to 4 feet away. I did all the calibration through oculus home and it setup fine and runs fine through all the demos

It is running ok. I'm playing AC at the moment and it plays fine
What FPS are you getting? If I remember correctly the Steam FPS counter should show the correct value in pCars.

You could also try to delete all xml settings files in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" if you were already using the game before the latest patch.

What FPS are you getting? If I remember correctly the Steam FPS counter should show the correct value in pCars.

You could also try to delete all xml settings files in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" if you were already using the game before the latest patch.

I was getting about 35-55 fps, then I deleted the XML files and now I'm getting 65-75, but still not the 90 that the Rift should be at. And this is with everything turned down to the absolute minimum

I was getting about 35-55 fps, then I deleted the XML files and now I'm getting 65-75, but still not the 90 that the Rift should be at. And this is with everything turned down to the absolute minimum
That's odd. I have a 970 and I can easily get the 90 FPS even with 2x downsampling.

Which wheel do you use? Since patch 11.0 i have 100% cpu-load on all cores by using my fanatec wheel even in the menues, which makes playing pcars impossible. Disonnecting the wheel and everything is fine. CPU-load goes down to about 70% and replays run smoothly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back