Oculus Rift DK2.....Reiza Studios working on it?

I Hope so!! Love this sim more than any other at this time and I really hope Reiza will be able to get the DK2 to work with GSC 2013!

Iracing will have it ready to work with their sim.....so I'm really crossing my fingers on the GSC 2013 / DK2 marriage!!

Reiza....if you see this.....Please , please , please make it happen!!

Nothing is in development at the moment, but it´s on our radar for when it hits the market proper.

In the meantime there seems to be a ISIMotor plugin from rF1 that is supposed to work well enough with GSC/Ftruck.

Well that right there is awesome news! I think it's a great call on getting that DK2 ( or older DK1 ) working well with this sim!

I disappeared for a couple months because I've been so dang busy with working and training for the spring/summer/fall NW motocross stuff.....and I popped back in here and the MOD section went crazy! A long with a bunch of tracks and so forth......seems like GSC 2013 is finally gaining some speed in the community!....And well deserved!!

I have other sims here.....and I always keep going back to GSC 2013! So happy I discovered this sim! Thanks for all your hard work you guys do over at Reiza studios!

Nothing is in development at the moment, but it´s on our radar for when it hits the market proper.

In the meantime there seems to be a ISIMotor plugin from rF1 that is supposed to work well enough with GSC/Ftruck.

Hum , I think you really missed the boat here , this would have promoted the game to a new audience , I think you should reconsider , sale could go through the roof for you , it's now you need to do this ( don't let the ship sale again ) :)

Ps I don't have this yet , but when it arrives I'll be looking for games that support it .

Last edited:
Well Iracing doesn't have the DK2 working yet , so I don't see them missing the boat really. In fact i don't know of any racing sim out there that is capable of using. Besides the fact....GSC is just friggin' awesome no matter what you play it on. I don't think not having the DK2 work ( as of yet ) with GSC is hindering anything.

I think I racing will have it in next big update , but if you look at the revival of LFS ( GAME ) that support it now , the money rolling in .

I still think GSC should support this now ,it's not to late , after all it will generate sales I'm sure .

Agreed, LFS was basically dead until they added DK2 support and now people are flocking to it because they say its an amazing experience.

We have ordered a kit and should start working on something as soon as we get it, hopefully it can be done for both GSC as well as FTruck.

People used to be able to get it working with the rF plugin on GSC2013QUOTE]

I searched out of interest but could not find the rF plugin. Still that's no bad thing as I can't afford an Oculus Rift at the moment.
But if you do develop GSC to work with it, I would seriously have to consider getting one - to be able to race GSC from 'inside' the cockpit would be just about my only reason to buy a Rift, it would be amazing :)

@Reiza Studios: That is fantastic news guys! I hope you receive yours soon! The old method doesn't work as it needs to be rebuild with the new SDK.

I must really say you guys have done such a great job with GSC. It is such a fun sim. Whenever I have people over that never played a sim or heck can't even drive a car I boot up GSC, sit them in a kart and they have fun to no end.

And if you manage to implement Oculus Rift into the mix I'd be so happy! Just thinking about it makes me giggle :D

Im an iRacer, and i put iRacing on hold until they get dk2 support, in the meanwhile i bought the S2 license for LFS, and its the most fun i had with my clothes on. I just cant get over the immersion...
I beleive that if reiza devs gets dk2 support ill be buying gsc. Ive heard a lot about the sim but never pulled the trigger, for me as for a lot more ppl, this would be the time to buy it if it would get dk2 support. Its a gold rush moment, and it dont happen very often

oh nice. i didnt know there was a thread here.
i emailed the support last week about this matter. didnt get an answer until now. but seeing here they ordered and start and developing support once it arrives is all i need to know :) thats awesome news. cant wait.

keep up the good work.

I love my triple screen setup for racing, and would never race without it. BUT.... to be actually IN the cockpit using VR would be amazing.

However, I have a few questions and concerns about the Rift.

One thing that bothers me is how does it work out practically? I mean, how do you see your controls in front of you? I assume it is not possible and you just have to know where they are? But I would hate to buy one of these and find that, no matter how amazing the view might be, I feel somehow 'dis-jointed' or disconnected from my steering wheel.
If any of that makes sense, can anyone that has one, or has used one, please reassure me that it is not a problem?

Also, is the headset uncomfortable or heavy? Does it cause headaches? What about people who wear glasses (which I do for driving and sim racing) ? Sorry for all the questions, but you get the idea. I am unable to find proper answers to these even on the Oculus site.

Thanks for any info :)

I love my triple screen setup for racing, and would never race without it. BUT.... to be actually IN the cockpit using VR would be amazing.

However, I have a few questions and concerns about the Rift.

One thing that bothers me is how does it work out practically? I mean, how do you see your controls in front of you? I assume it is not possible and you just have to know where they are? But I would hate to buy one of these and find that, no matter how amazing the view might be, I feel somehow 'dis-jointed' or disconnected from my steering wheel.
If any of that makes sense, can anyone that has one, or has used one, please reassure me that it is not a problem?

Keith, I actually feel more connected to the steering wheel, due to lower latency than triple screens (this is in LFS) and if you wear gloves, and match your phisical wheel to your VR wheel height, it just feels like your holding the wheel you see. its hard to put to words, but you will not be disappointed in this matter.

Also, is the headset uncomfortable or heavy?
It is a bit heavy, to me i think of it as the same weight of a helmet... the fact that youre looking thru this "sky goggles" actually makes it feels like youre wearing a helmet. I notice the weight of the Oculus only bothers me on other games, not in racing, maybe cause im moving my arms fighting the wheel FFB and leaning my head into the corners (with the rift this is necessary to drive like you would a real car, lean and look ahead over the corners to find the next one, this makes the experience so much more "real")
Does it cause headaches?
I felt dizzy and nausea the first day (maybe because i tried too many roller coasters, and a bunch of crappy demos that are not yet optimized and induce nausea). simracing because you know where the car is going, and youre sitting in a fixed structure around you this didnt happened to me, it just felt a little weird at the begining, pretty much the same sensation i felt when i raced my 3 screens set the 1st time.
What about people who wear glasses (which I do for driving and sim racing) ?
if youre FAR sighted then you dont need glasses with the rift, i am 1.75 both eyes, and i dont uses my glasses with the rift, It comes with tow sets of lenses A and B, i use the B cups. my girl is even more blind than me and she dont need them either...
If youre near sigthed then youll need your glasses and they will fit tighly inside the rift but it wont be a pleasent experience after 20 30 minutes.

I hope this help, I pretty much had the same questions as you before, and I couldnt find answers for this, if you have any more questions just PM me and we'll get around them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 143 13.8%