Oculus-GTX 1080-i5 4440???

Hi guys. I'm planning on getting Oculus+1080 but my CPU is under the requeriments and I just want to know if is there anyone running VR with and i5 4440 or under that...is the only thing left if i buy the GPU...but I cant not buy them all!

Thanks guys!

Have you thought about going with the GTX1070, then use the extra cash to help purchase a more powerful CPU, one that'll fit the 1150 socket on your current mobo. You can still get i5-4690(k) and i7-4790(k), but they're no cheaper than the current gen of chips.

It'd be touch & go whether the i5-4440 would be sufficient for VR use. Once you add in AI and higher graphics settings for racing sims, it could struggle even with ATW & ASW active.

Upvote 0
I don't know, just used the rift app to check if it works and just says that about my cpu. I have seen lot of cpus from 200-infinite range...have seen an i5 6600k I think it was but...it will be 100+ € in my budget

Upvote 0
Just did a Google between your country and my 3570k, mine is slightly better according to some benchmarks but only marginally, mine is also not on the compatibility list but it doesn't stop it working, you just have a warning at the top when you are in oculus home.

Im running a 1070 and Performance wise it's works fine, I do have settings on medium for most games and run asw at all times but it does the job for now.

We've also used it on our lounge room computer which an amd fx8350 and gtx760 and were able to play pretty much everything we tried on the oculus store without issue.

Robo recall is awesome for room scale.

Upvote 0
I didn't know what asw was! But with that and my CPU not that far behind the minimum requeriments I guess I will just stick to it and maybe in a few months update it too if needed!

I think it should be better to have a 1080 to secure a more large stint from my next gpu update.

Also @Shawn Jacobs , I saw your speed at the RDMC. How would you describe driving with the rift instead of monitor/s? Can you maintain your pace or even improve it? Does it feels good for long races?

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
I didn't know what asw was! But with that and my CPU not that far behind the minimum requeriments I guess I will just stick to it and maybe in a few months update it too if needed!

I think it should be better to have a 1080 to secure a more large stint from my next gpu update.

Also @Shawn Jacobs , I saw your speed at the RDMC. How would you describe driving with the rift instead of monitor/s? Can you maintain your pace or even improve it? Does it feels good for long races?

Thanks!!!

I haven't done too much so far to be honest, most of my racing is in rfactor 2 so I will definitely have a better idea next week :)

I did a 1 hour club race in raceroom (IMSA race) and was able to take pole in my class but I couldn't say if it improved my pace or not, I'm finding the disconnection from the outside world to actually be kind of annoying, I leave the headphones folded out so I can still hear the family.

It's going to be interesting what rfactor2 offers hud wise, it was difficult to follow what was going on in the imsa race but that is more an r3e shortcoming with multiclass.

If I was really to summarise, it's definitely not perfect, but to go back to triples on a game I've used the rift on I don't think I could do it :)

Upvote 0
Nice! Thanks Shawn! Yes I'm really thinking about it since rFactor2 is going to made it now. Now we just need AMS and VR will be the place to be!

Thanks to all who posted too:)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%