Oculus dk1

Has anyone got a DK1 on a race setup? I would love to know how it preforms. I'm thinking of getting one to try vr racing out to see how I get on with motion sickness etc before shelling out loads of money.

I don't think that's a great idea. The refresh rate is low and will likely induce motion sickness so you'll end up with your answer but it's not comparable to using the CV1. Not even sure what games you'll get working on it.

Upvote 0
I'm using a Vive, but works on the Rift just fine. iRacing, Live For Speed, rFactor 2, Dirt Rally (rift only), and RaceRoom all have VR support too so there's a good selection. All these titles are discounted in the Steam sale right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's the only title Codemasters added VR support too so it's hard to tell right now. Dirt 4 that came out within the last couple of weeks has no VR at all. Codemasters don't take VR very seriously from all the interviews I've read. You can run Dirt Rally on the Vive through a workaround, but it's added hassle. If your sole reason for VR is racing just go with the Rift CV1 as it's cheaper and will perform exactly as the Vive.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years