1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Oceania Timezone Races?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Günthar Rowe, Dec 2, 2009.

1. really the only shame here is that if you don't live in Europe then a mid week league just can't be done as the racing time in NZ and Aus (home of these cars) will be ~ 7 or 9 am on a week day...

2. Yeh I'm sorry Gunthar. There just aren't enough Oz/NZ racers here.

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Unfortunately it is a bit of a "catch 22" situation. We don't have enough Aus / NZ guys, but while we schedule all the events in mid-week Euro timeslots, we can't attract these members anyway.

4. This is true. Perhaps we could arrange some convenient Oz/NZ races? Do you two know some guys who would would join if Ivo or myself arranged some Oceania timezone events?

5. Me, for one. :madgrin:

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

There are quite a few Aussies / Kiwi's kicking around here, but spread over a number of different games. Maybe we can post a poll or similar to see who might be interested, or even schedule an event and see how much interest it attracts ( but give a little notice to "spread the word").
    Difficult to guess really, but you never know.
    With a suitable compromise timeslot, it should be able to attract some Euro or USA guys too.
    The big attraction of using rF for this is that you get to use some of the more well known Aussie / Kiwi tracks that are not available to Race On for example.

7. Absolutely - I will get on it tomorrow Warren. I'll simply post an event and see what comes up. Buxto does do Sunday morning events. Is that too late for you guys? Is NZ 10 or 11 hours ahead?

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Maybe we need a separate thread to continue this topic, it is getting off-topic for the League.

9. What time (GMT) would be best for Oz/NZ races Warren?

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I've "spread the word" to a few contacts to gauge interest levels. For me, I can be more flexible with mid-week events, but others are not so lucky. The difference between Queensland time (where I live), Western Australia time (where Rhys lives) and NZ time (where Gunthar lives) is about 5 hours, so I suspect that getting a mid week compromise timeslot will be difficult. I suspect that weekends may be the go, to have the best chance for everyone, but lets see where the interest might be first.

11. Reckon I'd have a go mate.

Wouldn't mind giving that Bundy Red Commodore a workout.. See if it's as good as the drink ;-)

Weekend sounds like the go.... Maybe a Saturday?

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

If this is a go, let me know and I'll set the server up after my Friday Fun Club stuff, so it's up there around Saturday breakfast, Aus time.

13. On some days i have time at 10.00gmt or 11.00gmt. That's evening for you guys right?

14. Yep, for me that's around 6pm. :)

I'll see if I can get some guys over from In The Red. A couple of them are hanging around here on RD, and they compete in a couple of FVR-running leagues... maybe they'll be interested.

15. Sounds good to me... basically the only slot I have left on weekends. :th_sur: :lol:

16. Okay I will set up a V8 Supercar event on the 12th @ Pukekohe seeing as you guys missed out. WA is GMT+8 and NZ is GMT+13. So 10:00GMT sounds about right.

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Want me to set it up as I'm taking down next weeks F Vees?

18. Please Mr T :)

19. I've signed on the dotted line.... even if I have rF only to load mods to convert them, I heard one that you could actually drive things in it also.... Will find out I guess.....