Obutto Revolution, GT Omega Pro...

Are the mousepad areas of these rigs actually large enough, and solid enough, for other games? For example, for FPS games, you need a pretty large mouse area for the low sensitivity required to be twitch-accurate, and the surface needs to be solid, not to bend under the vigorous twitching of your shooting/mouse arm. Does anyone know of any other similar types of rig with large kb+mouse section? Perhaps there's a cheapskate way of making such a rig yourself out of wood or something??
Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm using an Obutto Ozone, and have no issues playing FPS/TPS/MMO even with all the racing stuff fitted.
The keyboard tray area of the Ozone/Revolution is all covered with a mousepad(ish) material, and they even sell replacements in case you wear them down. I couldn't in the past years. ;)
The size might be an issue though. While the Ozone's is appropriate for standard sensitivity use, it can prove to be a tad small for competitive gaming. The updated keyboard tray of the Revolution looks to be better shaped/larger

Ozone:
19.jpg

Revolution:
download.axd

Upvote 0
I'm using an Obutto Ozone, and have no issues playing FPS/TPS/MMO even with all the racing stuff fitted.
The keyboard tray area of the Ozone/Revolution is all covered with a mousepad(ish) material, and they even sell replacements in case you wear them down. I couldn't in the past years. ;)
The size might be an issue though. While the Ozone's is appropriate for standard sensitivity use, it can prove to be a tad small for competitive gaming. The updated keyboard tray of the Revolution looks to be better shaped/larger

Ozone:
19.jpg

Revolution:
download.axd
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise you could fit the keyboard tray to the Ozone. That's very good to know. Looking at it, I tend to shove my kb over to the left, so I reckon with some tweaks there would be enough space on either of those in those pics. Hmmmm. Is it strong? It looks like it could droop after a 3 hour fps-a-thon with the weight of your arm on it?

Upvote 0
Both the Ozone and the Revolution come with keyboard trays. The Ozone has a fixed arm that you can swivel and adjust in height, but you fix both with the same hand screw, so height won't stay. The Revolution has remediated this issue with double joints, so you can set the height with the main pole and freely move around the tray to your liking.

The tray itself is really sturdy and heavy as hell, but it does have some droop when you put weight on the opposing side of the mount (you can fit it for both left and right use). It doesn't really bother me, because it sits on my lap almost. In my current setup the shifter on the right is also on a height that it keeps it pretty tight vertically.

Here's a crappy picture of how it looks on my setup in 'workstation/gaming mode' (seat pushed back to rear, tray swiveled in). For racing, I just push the tray out of the way, pull the seat forward to the proper position and floor it. :)

_20170306_170529.JPG

And a proper shot in its glory.
ZK1sTZP.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both the Ozone and the Revolution come with keyboard trays. The Ozone has a fixed arm that you can swivel and adjust in height, but you fix both with the same hand screw, so height won't stay. The Revolution has remediated this issue with double joints, so you can set the height with the main pole and freely move around the tray to your liking.

The tray itself is really sturdy and heavy as hell, but it does have some droop when you put weight on the opposing side of the mount (you can fit it for both left and right use). It doesn't really bother me, because it sits on my lap almost. In my current setup the shifter on the right is also on a height that it keeps it pretty tight vertically.

Here's a crappy picture of how it looks on my setup in 'workstation/gaming mode' (seat pushed back to rear, tray swiveled in). For racing, I just push the tray out of the way, pull the seat forward to the proper position and floor it. :)

View attachment 177615

And a proper shot in its glory.
ZK1sTZP.jpg
Thanks very much, excellent info :) Is the seat comfy? To be honest as nice as the revolution would be, for my purposes that ozone looks spot on. I dare say some sort of leg could be modded to hold up the tray if needed. Hmmm. Can't actually see how much it is in £ coz the UK site's been down every time I looked. I know it's a fair chunk cheaper from the EU prices though which is good given my skintness, but I know roughly what to save for :) It looks like the kb tray bit is more sturdy on this than the GT Omega.

Upvote 0
The tray is a thick steel plate with a steel 'skeleton' under it. Sturdy is not the word to describe, overkill is more like it. :)

The shifter mount is also part of the base package, you can set that up to the correct height and location to support the flimsy side, so no modding necessary. ;)

The seat is a bit on the tight side, I'm around 90kg for 175cm and it fits me well, but wouldn't suggest it for anyone with even more manly dimensions. There is a guide somewhere for loosening up the side supports with the creative use of a rubber hammer though. :)

All together I can't blame the seat at all. It slides, reclines, and you can set the pedal mount to different angles to give you a nice footrest. I have no issues working through a day and then gaming some while barely leaving the rig, it is that comfy once you set it up for your taste. Only minor complaint would be its height, getting in and out needs some practice, another point that got fixed in the Revolution. But you can get used to it quickly as you find the grip on the chair that works for you. ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back