Obutto Ozone - Tactile Mounting Options

Hi all,

I am interested to hear from any of you that have the Obutto Ozone rig, and where/how you mount your transducers?

I currently have 2x ADX Maximus that I am going to mount under the seat, and one by the pedals.

I am interested in how other people have managed it, and what the results have been like!

I have an Omega Art, and I mounted a pair of ADX, one under the pedals with cable ties, and one on the spine of the seat, also with cable ties. It doesn't exactly look the best, but its easy and they are surprisingly sturdy. The cooling fins on the ADX casing makes it really easy to secure them properly.
20171203_201737.jpg
20171203_201727.jpg

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks @DM77 . Looks good!

Do you find the ADX on the seat to be effective? I had always imagined it being best under the seat to give you the engine roar feel ? :)

Ive mounted my pedal ADX to the underside of the pedals (like yours), however I'm not feeling a great deal from them at the moment. Could be that the shaker is slightly touching the floor, something that I cant really get away from without a lot of modding!

Still looking to up the amount of umphh from them to be honest, but I know that part of that is having them in good places

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks @DM77 . Looks good!

Do you find the ADX on the seat to be effective? I had always imagined it being best under the seat to give you the engine roar feel ? :)

Ive mounted my pedal ADX to the underside of the pedals (like yours), however I'm not feeling a great deal from them at the moment. Could be that the shaker is slightly touching the floor, something that I cant really get away from without a lot of modding!

Still looking to up the amount of umphh from them to be honest, but I know that part of that is having them in good places

You will feel more from the seat shaker with it on the spine, than you get from under the seat, specially if the seat is heavily padded rather than a thin fibreglass type. It felt a little odd at first but there was more detail.

You should be able to raise your chassis using some impact resistant feet used for preventing washing machines skipping across the floor. I put my rig on castors as well which gave it more clearance from the floor.

I get plenty of power through my setup before the ADX start clipping.

Upvote 0
You will feel more from the seat shaker with it on the spine, than you get from under the seat, specially if the seat is heavily padded rather than a thin fibreglass type. It felt a little odd at first but there was more detail.

You should be able to raise your chassis using some impact resistant feet used for preventing washing machines skipping across the floor. I put my rig on castors as well which gave it more clearance from the floor.

I get plenty of power through my setup before the ADX start clipping.
Thanks @DM77 that's helpful.

When you say clipping, is this when they hit the red light on the amp? Can I assume that its safe to right up to this limit, but don't want to see any reds. I want to turn it up more but don't know if its ok!

I will look into raising the rig. I cant imagine it being straight forward as it has lots of tubing along the floor rather than single points that can be raised. Il have a think on it!

Thanks again for posting the pics, really helpful. I will try the chair idea and compare it to where I have the ADX now

Upvote 0
Thanks @DM77 that's helpful.

When you say clipping, is this when they hit the red light on the amp? Can I assume that its safe to right up to this limit, but don't want to see any reds. I want to turn it up more but don't know if its ok!

I will look into raising the rig. I cant imagine it being straight forward as it has lots of tubing along the floor rather than single points that can be raised. Il have a think on it!

Thanks again for posting the pics, really helpful. I will try the chair idea and compare it to where I have the ADX now

Yeah, when the LED's max out and hit red thats the signal clipping. I'm still unsure if the amp prevents the excess signal reaching the connected speakers/tactiles or not. The way to increase the output from the amp is to up the db levels in the software or using the front panel. Turning up the dials on the front increase the input gain, which is a bit different.

raising your rig shouldn't be too difficult if you have it supported in a balanced way at strategic points. Like my rig has 8 castors, 1 on each corner and 2 on each side close to the cross-bar where your feet rest whilst not using the pedals. The weight is supported without stressing the chassis.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back