Obutto Ozone owners, opinions please!

I've decided to move getting a rig way up the priority list so I've started doing some research on what rig to get. Besides being a sim racer I also play first person shooters and MMOs so I need my rig to allow for comfortable gaming of such sort too.

This has led me to consider the Obutto Ozone due to its features, price and availability/shipping in/to Sweden.

So, I'd want to hear some opinions from you Ozone owners out there, are you happy with your rig? Is it stable, particularly the triple monitor stand on the newer version? Is it really comfortable to spend hours playing a FPS in the rig? How comfy is the seat? Does it wear out fast or seem to last? Anything you're not happy with or anything else you want to share?

Please state whether you have the old or new version of the rig if you leave a comment. Thanks to anyone who share their opinions!

I have an Ozone.
I'm pretty happy with it, and it does what it's supposed to do, and does it well.
It's rock-solid, and the tripple-mount is a lot more stable, than you'd expect.
It really takes some jumping around in the seat to get the screens to wobble (and if you're that caught up in racing, I doubt you'll notice the wobbling :-D )
The seat is pretty comfy (I spend at least 6-8 hours a day in it!!!) but you can of course upgrade the seat to some super-lovely-jaguar-comfortable seat, and it will be better... but for the price, the seat is great!
Mine's starting to show some wear and tear, but as I said 6-8 hours at least per day for over a year... well, wear and tear is expected, I'd say.

The only thing about the Ozone, is that I would actually like a more F1 style driving position, but that wouldn't work very well for all the non-driving stuff I do in the rig. So for me, that's a bit of a compromise, but for someone who prefers a GT-Style position, the Ozone is perfect.

When you say "new version" you mean the R3volution, right?

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting Lars! There's been an update to the ozone with some changes and improvements. The first version didn't have a VESA mounting for the screen but rather a tray where you'd place your monitor on it using it's own foot, needless to say that was extremely wobbly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back