1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Obutto oZone and Fanatec CSR - Can't mount it properly, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Tariq Gamil, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hi all. I recently got an Obutto oZone rig but I have an annoying issue with it. I can't mount the wheel properly to the steering mount. There are two tubular pipes that come from the frame and are welded on the steering mount plate. With a G25/G27, this wouldn't be a problem since their clamps are on the left and right edges of the wheel but the Fanatec CSR clamps are sort of in the middle so as you can imagine, I can't secure the clamp because the tubular pipes are preventing the clamp from clamping onto the steering mount so is there any way around this? I've already tried using a small square piece of wood to put in between the clamp and the steering mount but it doesn't work because if I do any vigorous corrections, the wheel comes loose from the mount. I'm just thinking of selling my Fanatec CSR and getting a Logitech wheel because of this issue but if there is a way around this, I would prefer to do that instead. So anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks.