Objects repeat in sky.

I am not sure if it is a bug or what, but i have been pleasanty enjoying racer for a few days but i have came to the point that i feel i need to address this issue i have been having. The sky seems to repeat the objects inplace of the empty sky. (Like when your computer lags and you move a window over a certain spot and it repeats the edge of the window) Perhaps there is a fix. if anything to let you know about it. either way, if i could get some help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

It's a problem with the track not being updated to match the Racer version. In track.shd the sky shader needs to look like the one on Carlswood, using sky_v and sky_f.cg.

it's quite easy really, just open the offending track.shd file and carlswood's track.shd file. This is done in windows by double click the file then take the mouse and drag the cursor over the sky shader in carlswood and press Ctrl-C to copy the text and then in the offending track.shd file paste it close to the top of the file. The do the same copying the sky shader from carlswood to the offending track.shd file.

I hope this is clear enuf for LostAngel to do it. He can also read and compare the carlswood and offending track.shd files to see the difference and make a correct fix to his problem.

That's the problem; to new members, that's a complicated thing to do.:confused:
Yep. It's unfortunate that cg shaders are still somewhat in flux so there's no big push to get content up to date for the recent versions. Once there's a set of standard practices for trees, transparent objects, etc. it'll be easier to explain (or just to provide an updated version of the track)

Okay, when i went into the Track files i saw track0.shd track.shd and track_nocg.shd those were the only shd files i saw in carlswood. witch one or more if any of them do i transfer over to the offending track? (Please forgive my questions, i am quite new at this.) and is the file called "sky.dof" the shader that i move?

I said, open the track.shd file in the carlswood folder. That is the one you use to compare with the track.shd file in the offending track folser.

DO NOT move the sky.dof or any other file!!! Compare the indicated files and try making the changes I posted OR post the name of the offending track!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%