• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Objects planting on Xpack imported venue?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by berglez, May 29, 2009.

1. berglez

berglez

Ratings:
    +1
    I have almost finished track made in 3d max. Because I don't want to start doing it again from scratch iI exported my work into 3ds format and imported my track via xpack into BTB.

Is there a way to plant trees onto that object (it is a complete track actually) and other objects to sucesfully finish my track?

Bostjan
    [​IMG]

2. wixi

wixi

Ratings:
    +0
    we export everything from btb in 3ds, also plant

3. tibi

tibi

Ratings:
    +15

But berglez made the track in max and import it into BTB as an object.
    And he want to put trees,other objects onto his tracks(wich is an object).
    I think it is not possible.

4. Davesta

Davesta

Ratings:
    +4
    If you started the project in Max, why not finish it in max?

5. markfaz

markfaz

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I can think of is to lay invisible tracks and terrain, without textures, and then plant trees and objects..
    This would be very tedious though..

6. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +191
    He wouldn't have access to objects made for btb (such as the GB XPack). Even more sorely missed would be SObjects - the kerbs are fantastic.

berglez, you could make a simple track with an enormous piece of terrain added, and place it just under the object track. You could place objects on this and then move them upwards until they appear to be on the object track.

7. berglez

berglez

Ratings:
    +1
    And this is exactly why I play with this idea. Planting trees, grass, objects and SObjects from GB Xpack is so so simple and not like max, which is pain in the ass.

I tried to create fake track and terrain but it is difficult to align, since in left and right view you only see track an terrain and not the imported track object.

Any other ideas?

8. Lamda

Lamda

Ratings:
    +4
    I know, that exist a forest plugin for max (i don´t know the right name of it). i red it in a very old bhms thread long time ago. maybe it will help to plant vegitation without btb?

Lamda

9. Jon Sheldon

Jon Sheldon

Ratings:
    +1
    Groundwiz, they have a free Lite version. http://www.gugila.com/

10. jay_p_666

jay_p_666

Ratings:
    +2
  11. berglez

berglez

Ratings:
    +1
    Tried all above mentioned plugins for max, but there is nothing to compare with planting possibilities in BTB and your GB Xpack !

12. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    no way to imported to btb, but if you have lots of time and patience you could use simed to added objects & trees.then exported it to whatever you want.
    http://www.sim-garage.co.uk/

edited: missed a section on link.....:)

13. Barbje_Keller

Barbje_Keller

Ratings:
    +34
    I think,you can try this method:
    create small track, add terain and put all yours models on it. Delate track, then put in place tress and others models without Reset On Ground. Afte yhe finish delete terain. maybe it help you...

14. berglez

berglez

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks to all who helped me out here, but sadly non of the method is working for me. I think I will have to finish in max what started in max. If anyone will find some solution please let me know. Thanks

15. zaxxon

zaxxon

Ratings:
    +5
    You can write a program that transforms the mesh of the object to the BTB terrain's format (BTB 0.6), plant the vegetation on the created terrain and, at the end, destroy the terrain and include the original object.

16. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not trying to import the track.3ds in sketchup and export then in kmz format?
    Then you can open the kmz format with a zip program and extract the kml.
    Then, BTB is able to import KML format....

Maybe it should works... :wink2:

17. Lamda

Lamda

Ratings:
    +4
    the Kml file contains only a spline/trail, not surface data (as i know).

Lamda

18. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Not if you fill with heightdata :wink2:

19. plankgas

plankgas

Ratings:
    +0
    just use wallaby.. it's quiet easy to use for planting objects like trees.
    not as user friendly like btb though, but since you have finished the tracksurface in 3dsmax you could as well finish the job with wallaby.

20. berglez

berglez

Ratings:
    +1
    How on earth n00b like me could do that? :loser: