Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

Hey Lee,

Tried with your settings, and i think especially this threaded optimization helped on frame rates, i have around 10% more then with previous one, thanks m8!

I have also a Q6600 Extreme, maybe therefore.

So far, so good on the gaming and IQ front. PhysX 'seems' to be working on my 8800GTX (getting higher scores in 3D Vantage:)) The only problem I've got is the control panel misreading my overclock. My core is @655 Mhz, NV panel reads as 648 Mhz, if I raise it to 656 Mhz Nv panel reads as 675 Mhz, at which point I get a BSOD.

So far, so good on the gaming and IQ front. PhysX 'seems' to be working on my 8800GTX (getting higher scores in 3D Vantage:)) The only problem I've got is the control panel misreading my overclock. My core is @655 Mhz, NV panel reads as 648 Mhz, if I raise it to 656 Mhz Nv panel reads as 675 Mhz, at which point I get a BSOD.

As far as I know only the 9800GTX (and up) supports the physics onboard. The others will support it, but with software emulation.

Juuhuu, i will try the new driver asap then for my 9800 GX2 :)

New DirectX already gave a higher fps, hope this will have nice effect too :)

Let me now what you are winning with this new driver :)
I haven't overclock my system yet and i have a vantage score 17584.
I want to overklock my CPU Intel Q9450 and maybe my videocards but the bottle neck is my CPU at the moment.
I love high 3dmark vantage scores :becky:

I'll admit I don't really understand this whole PhysX thing re. software & hardware emulation so I'll post a couple of screenies if someone would be kind enough to tell me what is going on. All I know is that turning GeForce PhysX on in the control panel makes a significant difference in the physics tests. My GTX280 replacement is due back from RMA tomorrow so I can see what difference it makes:becky: (As long as it don't overheat again:p)

No PhysX
nophysx.jpg

With PhysX
withphysx.jpg

Ok, something is really wierd. I reinstalled the old 177.79 vid driver, after wanted to upgrade to this 177.83 which i downloaded from Nvidia site, but it says when i want to install it, that my system is not Vista 64 bit, but 32, so installation will abort....

Anybody knows what the heck is going on?

Alos the link from here leads me to a download page with download manager, which wants to download 1.8 Gb data with several testing program as far as i could see (even when selecting just the first one to download, without all the other 3 option like Unreal Tournament plug in etc), but i did not see among the files the actual video card driver... maybe i am just blind a bit as usual....?

Heres a link to just the vid driver alone.

GeForce ForceWare 177.83 Vista (64-bit) download from Guru3D.com

I can't offer any advice on the other except to uninstall from Device Manager ie 'right click' on your video card in Device Manager, select 'Uninstall' and tick box to 'delete driver software.' Before restarting I normally use Driver Sweeper to get rid of the rest. You then should restart and install whichever driver you need. Sorry that's the only advice I've got.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back