Nvidia 3D settings

Hello i need some advises.
my System runing: windows 7 64 bit, Motherboard Maximus IV intel z68, proccesor i7 2600 3.4 GHz, Graphic card zotac GTX 570 syenergy edition, and 8 GB of ram. I playing at 1920x1080 resolution, and using these 3D nvidia settings.

Ambient occlusion: OFF
AF: 16x
Anti-gamma corrention: ON
Antialiasing - mode: override any app. settings.
Antialiasing - settings: 32x CSAA
Antialiasing - Transperensy: 8x (supersiample)
cuda -Gpus : all
Maximum pre-render frames: 1
multi-display/mixed-gpu acceleration: single display performence mode
Powermanagment mode: Adaptive
Texture filtering - anosotropic samples optimization: off
Texture filtering Negative lod bias: clamp
Texture filtering - quality High quality
Texture filtering - trilinear optimazation on
threaded optimazation on
triple buffering on
Vertical sync force on

yesterday i play 2 hour and game craced at gt pro, befor at whese settings never crased i got pc just one moth.
is tis 32x csaa not to high for gtx 570 :) and 8x (supersample) not to high ???? any advises for my system plz... what 3Dsettings soud i use..... thax....

Over the years, the golden rule has been, "Some cards crash and others don't".
My belief is that the drivers fail to do their job somehow, some cards can't take that failure[memory issues, dunno].
This problem goes all the way back to 8800 cards, discussions on it and setting solutions have been found in clay tablets laying in the sands near Babylon. For those with the problem, change the driver or settings and the problem seems to stop for a while, same happens if you do nothing!

i got first ati 6970oc but in max settings come artifacts, i changed to other and it was the same artifacts. so i changed to Nvidia gtx570

i no more any artifacts, and nvidia is more stable cards. ati really unstable.... fps drops to min when smoke comes... in game....

but what settings i need to use at GTX570 in race07 really dont now...

try changing a few entrys (highlighted in bold text)

Ambient occlusion: OFF
AF: 16x
Anti-gamma corrention: Off
Antialiasing - mode: Enhance application setting
Antialiasing - settings: 16x CSAA (game runs under dx9, more stable)
Antialiasing - Transperensy: 4x supersample (important to choose 4x, dx9 does not support 8x with 16X CSAA)
cuda -Gpus : all
Maximum pre-render frames: 3
multi-display/mixed-gpu acceleration: single display performence mode
Powermanagment mode: prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering Negative lod bias: clamp
Texture filtering - quality High quality
Texture filtering - trilinear optimazation: Off
threaded optimazation on
triple buffering on
Texture filtering - Anisotropic filter optimazation - off
Vertical sync force on

Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti 2gb

My system
Motherboard: Asus P5B
Processor: Intel Core2 Q9400
Memory: 4gb DDR2 Corsair xms2
GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti 2gb
Controller: Logitech G27
Monitor: Samsung S27A350H
OS Win7 64-bit.

yes 16x QCSAA will support 8x supersample, but 16x CSAA only 4x supersample

Note QCSAA almost needs a SLI rig, not recomended for a single card rig.

Some settings and useful things i googled together

Step 1: Fix HDMI nVidia Color Space problem
(useful for all games)

For several years, the nVidia drivers, when connected via a digital-only HDMI connection, have had a problem where the color space used is often set incorrectly. Blacks look dark grey instead of black, greys look washed out, and whites don't appear to be white. I found out the problem - it's an nVidia driver issue where it uses a "16-235" color space, instead of a "0-255" color space, and there's no way in the NVIDIA Control Panel to fix it.

It is most noticeable on your desktop (where blacks are washed out), on the the game loading screen (where it shows the track image being loaded, on the right where the image fades to black, it's very washed out, and fades to dark grey instead of black), and in the sim (the dashboard, the steering wheel, and even colors of objects, are all washed out, or look like a sheen of dark grey has been placed on top).

The fix is to use a program called NV_RGBFullRangeToggle

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NV_RGBFullRangeToggle.zip

This will allow you to use the Full Range of RGB everywhere, including in-game and on-desktop.

- Extract it
- Right click the NV_RGBFullRangeToggle.exe file
- Choose "Run as administrator"
- Click "Set Full Range (0-255)"
- Restart when prompted

- (IMPORTANT!) After installing any updated drivers, you'll need to run this utility again and restart, to re-enable the full range.

Once you reboot, you may notice that things look better; blacks are truly black, there is no longer a "dark grey sheen", and contrasts appear clearer.

Step 2: Adjust desktop color settings

Use NVIDIA settings:

The color settings specified in the NVIDIA Control Panel will be used. These settings are applied whenever applications and games with built-in color settings are not running. ..... Turn this On to set custom color settings, including Gamma, which I recommend adjusting.
bmex.png

Gamma:

The brightness of mid-tones without affecting shadows and highlights. ..... Adjusting the Gamma can also help to achieve a richer experience in the dark-tone areas (blacks, deep greys, etc.), especially on LCD screens which have an inherent disadvantage displaying blacks. But everybody's monitor setup is unique; i.e.: some use LCDs, some use plasma, some use projectors. For LCD screens especially, I recommend lowering it a bit to a value lower than 1.00, but I've heard some people using projectors claim that a value higher than 1.00 was better for them. I use 0.81 as the perfect amount from my experience, across various LCD monitors. Try various values to determine what looks best to you. I would imagine most LCD users would benefit most using a setting between 0.80 and 0.92.

Digital vibrance:

Color separation and intensity; helps to compensate for lighting conditions in the workspace. Also, can reduce chance of eyestrain. ..... This has been my savior for years, capable of saturating the colors so that colored objects POP on the screen! I use 72%, which may admittedly feel a bit too saturated/cartoony for some users, but to me, it makes the game look beautiful by making the atmosphere and cars really pop. Try various values to determine what looks best to you. Make sure to look at applications or photos on the desktop while doing your testing, since changing this setting will globally affect how your monitor displays colors.

step 3: nvidia inspector setting:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

Screen is from GT Legends however I use the same settings for all my GMotor2 games including GTR 2, Race 07, GTR evolution, Race on etc.

GTL2011-03-3117-34-10-32-1.jpg

All games on maximum settings. ==> AA settings ingame at Level 0 ==> I use the nvidia inspector settings.

At first I used the Nvidia control panel to boost settings which improved the look but I still had anti-aliasing (jaggies) on the white lines in the distance.

Sparse Grid supersampling fixed this though I had to download and install Nvidia Inspector.

First create a game profile!!! in nvidia inspector:

Anti-aliasing mode - Override application settings
Anti-aliasing setting – start with 8x CSAA or 16x CSAA, 32xCSAA 8 colour + 24cv samples
Anti-aliasing transparency multisampling - disabled
Anti-aliasing transparency supersampling - 8xSparse Grid supersampling with 32xCSAA (4x supersample (important to choose 4x, dx9 does not support 8x with 16X CSAA)
Antiscopic filtering mode - user defined/off

Antiscopic filtering setting – 16x (start with 8x)
Texture filtering negative LOD bias - clamp
Texture filtering quality - high quality
ambient occlusion: OFF
Maximum pre-render frames: 1
Powermanagment mode: prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering - trilinear optimazation: Off
threaded optimazation on
triple buffering on
Texture filtering - Anisotropic filter optimazation - off
Vertical sync force on

Have fun with it

@Gijs van Elderen , which card and driver are you using?

Gtx 660 ti, and latest drivers.

My settings:

Antialiasing - setting: 16x (16x csaa (4color +12 cv samples)

Transparency suppersampling: 4x spare grid supersampling

Antisotropic filtering setting (AF): 16x

These 3 settings are what looks best vs preformance. I could not go with 32x csaa...
I've no idea what fps i'm doiing. But it i've no stutter or tearing or whatever...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back